Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

AUTOTRIMDESIGN REPLACING STRIPES

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 10:17 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009
Default AUTOTRIMDESIGN REPLACING STRIPES

Hey all, well I got some good results from Mike at Autotrimdesign.

So I called Mike up and let him know of my vinyl racing stripes problem of not lasting very long and he told me to email pics, so I did and he sent my info and pics to their vendor who's material was used to make the stripes. It was avery and they gave me a 3 year vinyl and that avery product has permanent adhesive on it.

I talked with the pro's here at work who wrap our trucks and they said you never put permanent adhesive on stripes that go on your car.

So I call autotrim two weeks later for a follow up and they agreed I got a defective product from the manufacture and would replace my stripes, he said he could give me an avery set and I said no and so he told me he can give me the oracal oralite 5600 viny and this is commercial grade 7 year warranty and I said ok.

I have to pay a 10% material cost and shipping and handeling fee. so I am paying 63 dollars.

At least they have done me right now and In a week I will get the new stripes in oracal reflective black with removable adhesive.

I don't have to pay $400 to raplace them now and one of the guys here at work I think can help me put my stripes back on for cheap.

Call and make sure you get oracal vinyl and never avery.

Old 01-26-2009, 09:03 PM

Default RE: AUTOTRIMDESIGN REPLACING STRIPES

If any member wants a custom design or decal from vinyl made autotrim will make one, they told me they are a customer feedback company, meaning they will make what you want if they don't offer it on their site.

They do custom stuff

and I do recomend them always

Old 01-27-2009, 10:36 PM

hey i had a though
what if you do the stripes and on the hood cut it in two pieces with them being seperated with flames. i dont know how to describe it. like a 1/4 inch gap with the flames like in the stripes. so it will be white between the two sets.

you know what i mean?

Old 01-28-2009, 12:09 AM

Yea I know what your talking about, it be cool to do that in the metallic or pearl green,

I was thinking since I am gonna redo the vinyl for five years and let the paint fade when it does in 5 years when my car neads a paint job then do it, right now I just got to get the door dent fixed and some touch up work, I talked with a body shop that does custom work and they told me 500 to fix the dent and do touch ups. not bad compared to the 1000 quote from the dealership.

also for a custom candy pearl green he said 3000, for two tone white and pearl green 2000,

I want my car to look like dale jr's but I think I will save up over the years and then when the car needs it I will do it,

I was thinking a candy metallic green and then black reflective racing stripes would be so sick,

For now I will get the stripes and all decals on my car pinstriped in my green metallic color, it will outline the stripes and side stripes and the transformers logo and then I will have the black caps spokes pin striped, the pinstriping is like 200 bucks and the professional told me I don't have to clear the pinstriping so I don't have to worry about trying to not clear the vinyl decals on my car.

Do you think I could have the vinyl sticker painted with your flame idea even though its a vinyl decal?

Old 01-28-2009, 12:17 AM

Check out this monte, This is my favorite restore ever and best paint and it has a ghost stripes done.

Here is Rick's link to see this beautiful Monte

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2700164

Check it out !

Old 01-28-2009, 01:52 AM

that is really cool Mavrick. Go for it dude. By the way, did the same company you got the stripes through send you the vinyl for the side bulges on your car? Or are those your own custom work.

Old 01-28-2009, 07:00 AM

That Monte is sick!!!!!! I cant even describe how cool that car is.
Now back on topic.

Personally i am totally against vinyl, i'd rather get it painted, just my opinion.

Old 01-28-2009, 02:08 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Personally I'd rather have the stripes painted on versus vinyl but...............

so he told me he can give me the oracal oralite 5600 viny and this is commercial grade 7 year warranty and I said ok.

The kit I got from Auto Trim Design was on Oracal paper.

I know cause the shop that installed the stripes screwed up one on the trunk lid. Hard to see, but they installed the stripe crooked. I went back to ask for a replacement and they tried to find the same paper to do a new stripe for me. The paper couldn't be located so I had to call ATD to get one.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:44 PM

i dont think the paint will stick to the vinyl so i would try it on scrap and see what happens

Old 01-28-2009, 10:20 PM

Cool Inssanity,

Hey RJ, do you like the stripes you have so far? How are they holding up in the weather? are they a shiny?

Just curious about how you like the oracal product

Quick Reply: AUTOTRIMDESIGN REPLACING STRIPES