Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

All the Small Things...

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 08:18 PM
Default RE: All the Small Things...

well i know this is kind of off- topic but i really don't want to create a whole new thread just for this following question/ concern

can any kind 06-07 monte SS owner please do me a small favro??[8D]
if you could please check your fog lights for the chrome ring that surrounds the actual fog light and tell me if you can just pop it right out or what's the deal with it?

i guess this isnt really off topic considering i want to get myself that chrome ring and put it around my fogs =)

thankSS

Old 02-13-2009, 03:34 PM

Yours doesn't have the rings? I just looked at mine and it looks like they should pop off. There's a hole in the top of the ring that a screwdriver would fit in.

Old 02-14-2009, 11:31 AM

thanks thats what i figured and no my car shouldnt even have fog lights to begin with lol

i ordered the fogs from ebay and had them installed at a shop but i really want to get that ring around them i feel like it adds such a nice touch to the car.

you wouldn't know about anyone that has an SS that doesn't want the ringswould you? (lol *crosses fingers*)

Old 02-26-2009, 12:54 AM

ORIGINAL: rj
For anyone who hasn't tried clay barring the paint on their car please give it a try. You will love the outcome once the job is complete. Don't forget to wax once the clay barring stage is done.
I know this thread is old but Im just now reading it. At where I work the top detail package includes a clay treatment, the paint looks so fresh and revived afterwords

Old 03-01-2009, 07:16 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Little things are what MAKES the car not only yours, but UNIQUELY yours. Here areseveral CHEAP things that I've done to mine to make it unique.
Chevy bow-tie air cleaner nut. $10 anywhere. You must drill out the thread, tap 8mm, and grind or mill a little off the bottom to get it to sit straight, but all that was easy and no cost for me.

2. Painting the silver "Intimidator" emblems black to match the "Monte Carlo" emblems. Again, cheap.

Also shown above is a NASCAR licence plate frame and a Dale Earnhardt plate that I use at shows.
And although it cost a little over $100, the Tony Stewart grille insert to me was another GREAT addition to my car. And in the same pic is my red bowtie on my license plate filler, something you can buy at any GOOD Chevy dealer for $4

And that pic reminded me of one of my favorite mods, the shells and "Hula Girl" hanging from my mirror. My wife LadyT got me the hula girl air freshener ($3?) and the shell were given to us as we were leaving the island of Morea (just off Tahiti) wishing us a very welcome return trip to their island (this was from our honeymoon 8 years ago).

Here's another cheap mod/fix. We went on a vacation, and putting the heavy suitcases (not mine!) into the trunk, the cheap piece of cardboard covering the spare tire broke. Having a piece of 1/2" plywood laying around, I traced out the cover, used a jig saw set at about 30 degrees, and cut out the cover from the plywood. I sanded the edges, cut the hole for the hold down, and covered the plywood with black fabric used for speaker boxes. Then I scanned the spare tire changing instructions and glued them to the bottom side. I paid only about $5 for the fabric, the rest was free. These are OLD pics, but shows the project when it was done.

Painting your brake calipers. Under $20. I also CNC engraved a bowtie into the calipers. No cost for me.

I have just shownmany smallmods that were about $200 total, and all but one were under $20 each, andTHAT is the little things.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:15 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Here's another one. this is from my '01 SS LE, but it was nice, and cheap. Painted engine shroud. The most expensive thing was the SS logo, at about $10. The paint I had. I'm actually surprised that I haven't done mine on the Intmidator yet.

Here is a pic of the engine shroud on LadyT's '07 Solstice GXP.

Also painted here is the fuse box cover at the bottom of the pic. Krylon red paint and 2 paint pens, $20. Also shown is something to add color under the hood, but will probably be removed this year, Taylor red convoluted tubing covering most of the wiring and hoses. $15. Details. This car has LOTS of details, also.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:38 PM

WOW everything looks amazing

its crazy how such little money can make such a big difference in our cars.

our montes are already pretty rare to begin with (i almost never see any in the miami area) but when you do little things like that, its game over. you're rolling around with a machine that no one else has. and i get probably as many looks from ppl as those fly flashy euro cars everyone is in love with

american muscle ftw!! chevy that is [8D]

btw how did u go about paiting the brake calipers? i've been wanting to get that done but not sure how to proceed with it.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:07 PM

ORIGINAL: God_Bot

I've done but I know it includes a black bowtie overlay for the steering wheel and stock wheels, black overlay on Mark of Excellence badges
Hey God_Bot,
where did you get the overlays? I painted the bowties on the wheels and got overlays for the outside SS emblems, but haveyet to find any overlays for the SSon the steering wheel (too small to paint I think)

Andeveryone isright, itISthe little things that makeour cars different.

(Sheesh, have to edit this post cuz I can't spell tonight)

Old 03-03-2009, 12:54 PM
rj
15 Year Member

The Monte Carlo 3rd Brake light decal is a nice touch.

I want one. Only I want a custom made one and can't anyone willing to do what I want.

For something different, I added $5 bow ties under the license plates on the Pace car. All I have to do it remove the plates at a show and our car is different then everyone else's. (just hope I remember to put the plates back on before I drive home)

Old 03-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Looks great guys!

Quick Reply: All the Small Things...