Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

ALL BLACK MONTE OWNERS!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 03:50 PM
Default ALL BLACK MONTE OWNERS!

I posted once about wax, and Ill say it again, NANOWAX is by far the best wax ive ever used, Ive tried em all, and have had three black montes. My friends are all amazed at how a black car has a betterappearance in the sun than their red and white cars, not one scratch or swirl. I guess it could help that I wash it twice a week sometimes and wax at least once a month, but you wont be dissappointed. This is the wax in the grey sqirt bottle, not the nano quick wax.

Old 12-24-2006, 05:08 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: ALL BLACK MONTE OWNERS!

where do you get this from???

sounds like its worth a try, all i've ever used is meguiars.....well all i've ever used that i've liked

Old 12-24-2006, 05:31 PM

I cant seem to find a better wax then ZAINO. It truly leaves your car slick, shiny and very professional looking....
I am always willing to try something else though..

Jason

Old 12-25-2006, 04:49 PM

You can get it at any auto store, and even some walmarts, its Eagle 1's product. I dont think eagle 1 is the best of the best on most products, but i will say its a damn good wax. Also, i think its more of an appearance wax rather than cleaner wax, so it might also be benificial to have a pretty clean and shiny beggining surface. I do like Meguiars as well.

Old 12-25-2006, 06:17 PM
5 Year Member

ORIGINAL: 06BlackSS

I cant seem to find a better wax then ZAINO. It truly leaves your car slick, shiny and very professional looking....
I am always willing to try something else though..

Jason

this is what my friend uses but ive always liked the look of meguairs more, just seems to have more of a shine, but maybe he just doesn't try as much as me

i'm gonna try that nanowax though from eagle one cuz i can get that stuff @ my work

Old 12-26-2006, 12:41 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Has anyone used Turtle Wax Ice? I used it on my red car and it was amazing. I think one of my friends used it on his black car and it was the product that gave him the best results - after trying tons of products on the market. The problem with the product is that it doesn't last long. I use it as a final touch right before a car show.

Old 12-26-2006, 03:09 PM

Ok, well, I went out today..Boxing Day to buy some of this amazing Nanowax, and I must say, I have been detailing cars for a long time and use nothing but the best microfibre towels, applicators and so on. Yes the wax goes on well, comes off well and leave NO residue as mentioned. But it certainly does not fill in minor scratches or swirl marks.

I have not seen a wax on the market that can do this.......

Jason

Old 12-26-2006, 07:14 PM

I have a small update. After you take the wax off, continue to BUFF the paint with a new microfibre towel, that REALLY brings out a nice shine with this Nanowax...

Jason

Old 12-27-2006, 10:47 AM
5 Year Member

ORIGINAL: AwsomeSS

Has anyone used Turtle Wax Ice?
i've only heard good things about this stuff, was considering putting it in stock here in the store, there's soooooo many waxes i want to try on my car, but only have little time to wax it....lol

Old 12-27-2006, 10:59 AM

What does the kind of wax you use have to do with your race? I'm white, and I like Miguires. I do have a black friend who owns a MC. I'll tell him about this Nanowax you are talking about. But, I think from now on, all posts should be to any MC owner, and not just the blacks. What type of wax do the Asians use?

Just kidding! I had a black Z-28 and it was hell to keep clean!

Quick Reply: ALL BLACK MONTE OWNERS!