Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Adding a couple more products to my stash!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 04:00 AM
Default Adding a couple more products to my stash!

I ordered some Hi-Temp products from Top of the Line, I can't wait to give em a go. I got the medium cut and heavy cut levelers. I heard they work wonders on moderate to heavy swirls, and lord knows my car is swirled to high heaven. But, i'm gonna test them out on a late model Dodge Duallie truck this weekend. Hopefully I can get away with using my PC only, I'd hate to have to break out the rotary on that thing, that's too much truck.

Old 08-18-2005, 09:54 AM
Default RE: Adding a couple more products to my stash!

where did you order from? we used that when sdetailing for dealerships when i was back in Nebraska, they are some good products!!!!

the one thing is make sure you wear a old shirt LOL When buffing with a rotory they tend to fly pretty good to. But it dose a gfreat job on the cars.

Old 08-18-2005, 12:51 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey

where did you order from? we used that when sdetailing for dealerships when i was back in Nebraska, they are some good products!!!!

the one thing is make sure you wear a old shirt LOL When buffing with a rotory they tend to fly pretty good to. But it dose a gfreat job on the cars.
www.topoftheline.com

I've been hearing how good they are, and the price was untouchable, approx. $18 for 32ox of medium cut and 32oz of heavy cut, total!!! I can't wait to get my car done! I have a cutting pad for my pc so hopefully I wont need to break out the big guns

Old 08-18-2005, 06:40 PM

i love the stuff and if you can find thier tirer dresseing it is great to Makes your tires look deep black and not oily . And it works great on the intereior also . we were one of the testers for it when it first came out and man we fell in love with it.

As far as the big guns you should not need them. It works real well the one thing i can tell you is make sure the car is not hot to the touch and also do it in the shade it will make your car shine for a long time.

We usaed the rotory buffers but that was more for times sake then anythign but when done right it was great your car looks like glass. just watch the corners when you use the med. cut it will go threw fast on them if the paint is real thin there we used to find that out when the new guys would come in LOL it dose it faster then most but just keep the buffer moving if you have to go back over it but when your done it comes off as easy as it went on. leaves a great shine and not milky like some tend to be .

Let me know how you like it but i think youll love it to,
Late

Old 08-18-2005, 11:40 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey

i love the stuff and if you can find thier tirer dresseing it is great to Makes your tires look deep black and not oily . And it works great on the intereior also . we were one of the testers for it when it first came out and man we fell in love with it.

As far as the big guns you should not need them. It works real well the one thing i can tell you is make sure the car is not hot to the touch and also do it in the shade it will make your car shine for a long time.

We usaed the rotory buffers but that was more for times sake then anythign but when done right it was great your car looks like glass. just watch the corners when you use the med. cut it will go threw fast on them if the paint is real thin there we used to find that out when the new guys would come in LOL it dose it faster then most but just keep the buffer moving if you have to go back over it but when your done it comes off as easy as it went on. leaves a great shine and not milky like some tend to be .

Let me know how you like it but i think youll love it to,
Late
Ah, they make tire dressing too? I'm gonna have to search for that. I really love how the rotary makes the finish look, but it's a very tempermental piece of equipment and this is a big truck, plus this guy actually uses his truck for what it's made to do so I'm not really gonna go ***** out on this detail. I just want it to look better than it does, give him a nice, deep, glossy finish, hopefully with fewer swirls than he currently has. I have Lake County pads for my PC, cutting/polishing/finishing, so I'll just do as good as I can with those and call it a day. I'm gonna give it the wash/clay/Hi Temp/SynWax treatment. I'll post pics of the end result.

Thanks for the input, I hope I'm as impressed with it as you are, it'll just be more motivation to get my car done.