Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

ACCENTING THE MONTE

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 01:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009
Default ACCENTING THE MONTE

I like my black and white combo, but I am gonna kick the customizaton a notch up.

I came up with a great Idea, I always like the green pearl color and instead of changing the car paint scheme, I will accent everything with an outline of green pearl, I can get the transformers logo outlined in pearl green, get the stripes outlined in pearl green and get each spoke of my black rims just a thin line on the end of the spoke in green pearl. I am gonna accent the black with a touch of green.

Then I can get the dash kit that is silver and have it painted in green, I was thinking of getting the 88 logo in green and putting it on the front two headrests also, Not sure if I am gonna do that, what you think on the number 88 in the black headrest in green or leave the headrest alone?

I can do some engine parts powder coated in green or have them painted, but I prefer powdercoat because of the heat in the engine.

I am gonna print my pictures and then take some green marker and outline the areas I want and see how it looks,

I think a little touch of green would be nice and make it even more unique

Old 01-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Default RE: ACCENTING THE MONTE

heck YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on your stripes, are you keeping them black then to. and outlineing them with the green pearly or dusting green pearl over them completely?? and if you do keep in mind that means youd have to clear over them. that means for properness the windshield, QP glasses, and rearglass has to come off. then the spoiler has to come off to. while thats off there is a compression sealent that ford uses for some of their glass. have them put that around 1/2" from the edge all the way around. it keeps the water out and the spoiler wont leak for 2WEEKS [:@][:@](thats what i did)

man i always have somethin to say

Old 01-10-2009, 08:54 AM

Why the number 88? It sounds good, but I can only picture a bright green in a white car.

Old 01-10-2009, 07:03 PM

88 IS Dale Jr new number and his amp race car is Awesome!

I might not do the headrest thing it was a idea.

Inssanity yup I was Thinking just get the stripes redone in black and pearl green as an outline.

I love black and white, but a pearl green accent will llook sharp around the stripes and on the wheels, I will do some picture editing to give an Idiea how it will look.

Its gonna be a dark green not a bright green

[IMG]local://upfiles/2994/732669D1D9BB4C7A87A1996C925DC2D1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-10-2009, 07:11 PM

Old 01-23-2009, 12:02 PM

Go for it dude, sounds like its going to be awesome.