Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

? about having the upholsetry cleaned OR seat covers

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 07:45 PM
Default ? about having the upholsetry cleaned OR seat covers

hey all, i just realized my dad DYED the seats and now everytime someone uses the back seats, they get covered in black dye. The front, for some reason, dosn't do that, maybe all the dye has been worn off from people sitting there?? anyway I want to get it cleaned and I wondered if anyone else has done that, for whatever reason, and knows about how much it costs, and if it doesgood job. I could scrub by hand use a wet/dry shop vac but I don't have the attachments and tools that shop does, I probably won't be able to get it all and the next time someone sits in it and sweats or spills somthing, they will be covered in dye again.

Also this is a used car,it hascig. holes in the seats and TWO ashtrays (clearly the smokers model), However I am not a smoker. I was thinking about skipping the cleaning and getting seat covers, to kill two birds with one stone (holes and dye). However, if somthing spills, the dye could still get through I guess? And I'm afraid the seat covers for the back bench will be loose, unattractive and not allow for the 3 shoulder belts. So basically, I'm confused. Any advice??? thanks!
ps, its 2003 SS.

Old 06-19-2007, 10:14 PM
Default RE: ? about having the upholsetry cleaned OR seat covers

i got seat covers, they are pretty nice people think they are racing seats. Paid 50$ for 2 fronts and back bench. The back bench really needs to be put in good, and doesnt rly allow for seat belt usages lol

Old 06-20-2007, 02:29 AM

I would go to the junk yard and pull the seats out of a car.
This way if you want and im sure they have upgrades

Old 06-20-2007, 08:15 PM

I have a set of leather seat skins from a 01 ss , black nice cheap $150 + Shipping

[IMG]local://upfiles/99/56A0EB8B29454F3A921A0CFAE191BA72.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-20-2007, 10:51 PM

Dyed the seats?!?! Wow, that sucks. I have seen lots of affordable solutions out there for covering monte seats. I am really considering ordering a set of leather for my car fromkatzkin.com. When I get bored, I go to their custom seat builder and mock up what I would like to have in my car. I recommend checking it out, it's pretty fun.

This is what I came up with for my car: Black wrap, silver insert, red piping. I might opt for a bowtie embroideredin blackon the back rest between the silver insert and the headrest..

[IMG]local://upfiles/335/754265EB8F8E456182C8A5F665434494.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-23-2007, 02:49 PM

http://www.andysautosport.com/chevro...covers/matrix/

I just ordered a the red/black euro covers a few days ago... they havent came yet, but if you feel like waiting another week or so till I get them put on, Ill be more than willing to give ya a full review!

Old 06-23-2007, 05:16 PM

Those look pretty interesting, are they leather-like or fabric? I'm not too much for the obnoxiously large company logo on the backrests, but they look pretty nice otherwise. Can you tell if the logo is embroidered or is it a screen print?

Old 06-23-2007, 05:32 PM

well, I placed the order a few days ago shipping can take up to two weeks...

I'll let ya know what everything is, I think its a fake leather, but I may be wrong. I figured for getting a full back and front for $50 and having them look as nice as they do, why not? Ill let ya know when they come in how great they are!

Old 06-23-2007, 09:29 PM

go to a local junk yard or salvage yard and see if they have any monte carlos if they do i am sure they would sell you the seats out of them

Old 02-06-2008, 06:17 PM

if you're looking for good seat covers check out http://www.shearcomfort.com/. I got mine from there and they rock!

Quick Reply: ? about having the upholsetry cleaned OR seat covers