Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

3400 Engine Cover

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Talking 3400 Engine Cover

So I went to a junkyard Friday, and FINALLY found a 3400 SFI engine cover off an old pontiac van stashed in the rear passenger area. I got that and an oil filler tube off of some other car (sadly to see that there were at least half a dozen 6th gen montes) all for $10. So I rushed home and tried it on lol, the next day I painted it.

Before I painted it:

Just after I painted it:

What it looks like on the car, along with a touch up for the diagonal braces:

Over all, I'm pretty..no scratch that. SUPERBLY happy with it

My other gift for me, from me

My Scanguage II at night haha

Up close:

I think 6.3 horsepower is more than enough, dont you think? lol

Old 05-17-2010, 10:18 PM

What is that scan gauge exactly And where did you get it?? 6.3HP?????

Old 05-17-2010, 10:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

sombody's a copy cat!!! haha jk

Old 05-17-2010, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
sombody's a copy cat!!! haha jk
hey man! I've wanted one for a VERY LONG TIME! lol

I got the scangauge II at eBay for $159.00 (that's the lowest i've seen) on scanguage's site its $175.00.

It's an OBD2 diagnostic reader and gives you information about your car, last trip, how much fuel was used, how much is costed you, how many more miles you have till your empty (useful), read and clear CEL codes, and MUCH more. You have to program some gauges into it using the X-Gauge feature. For instance, if you want to measure your car's hp (useful for "on-road dyno's"), you have to type in different codes. It tells you ALOT about your car. MPH, MPG, GPH (gallons per hour) IAT (intake air temp), WT (water temp), etc, etc. So far I've gotten the horsepower up to 201. Check out Scangauge.com and YouTube for more info about. And dont buy it at the site for $175. Buy it from eBay for $159. Shipping is free.

Oh yeah, and that 6.3hp is when I was at idle lol

Last edited by MonteLSV6; 05-17-2010 at 10:59 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

looks nice, good job! really? you saw 6 gens at a junk yard? most i've ever found at a junkyard was one lol

Old 05-17-2010, 11:09 PM

Thanks Britt! . Yeah It twas indeed a horrible site to have seen. For tis thou no place for a monte. 6th gen, 5th gen, any gen, tis, thou, no, place. For a monte. :'(

Old 05-17-2010, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by MonteLSV6
Thanks Britt! . Yeah It twas indeed a horrible site to have seen. For tis thou no place for a monte. 6th gen, 5th gen, any gen, tis, thou, no, place. For a monte. :'(
no prob lol veryy nice. well at the time i wanted to find a couple montes bcuz i needed, & still need, some parts for my monte

Old 05-17-2010, 11:17 PM

. What more parts could you possibly need? Unless you need to replace some OEM parts, then I understand. Give it a while. There werent really any montes showin up at the junkyards I went to. So just give it some time and maybe they'll be there for you. OR, you can just swap parts with another person with a monte. Or steal them from a parked one. But that requires two people. One for a distraction, and one to take them and swap (you) haha.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:29 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

anyone here want to help me swap a rear back glass/windshield with me for my car

Old 05-17-2010, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by MonteLSV6
. What more parts could you possibly need? Unless you need to replace some OEM parts, then I understand. Give it a while. There werent really any montes showin up at the junkyards I went to. So just give it some time and maybe they'll be there for you. OR, you can just swap parts with another person with a monte. Or steal them from a parked one. But that requires two people. One for a distraction, and one to take them and swap (you) haha.
well I'm still looking for steering wheel radio control buttons & i was looking for a right tailight but now i decided that i want a set of both heads, tails, brake & reverse lights to do experimenting with if they're cheap enough. & if i'm lucky enough, id like to find a grand prix with roof rails lol. lol! well that could work if i was a criminal

Quick Reply: 3400 Engine Cover