Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Chevy Dash/Interiors ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 04:32 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Chevy Dash/Interiors ?

[align=center]Hi Members,[/align][align=center]Are you happy with the design of your Monte Carlo Dash ?[/align][align=center]Do you think GM `deSigns good interiors for their models ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The interior pictures I`ve seen on the 09 Camaro, doesn`t look[/align][align=center]that good to me : (, but I will wait until I see one in person[/align][align=center]for final judgement.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I do like the dash in the Chevy below.[/align][align=center]Do you know what Chevy Model it is from ? ? ?[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Click on below picture to EnLarge,[/align][align=center]& if you know ?post what it is `ok[/align][align=center]`Thanks[/align][align=center][:-]
[IMG]local://upfiles/4301/5B591047A74B43B8838FEF943CC7BCBE.jpg[/IMG] [/align]

Old 09-27-2008, 04:42 PM
Default RE: Chevy Dash/Interiors ?

[align=center]The MCF Member that I.D.`s the picture in the last post[/align][align=center]gets a year free membership to the MCF[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]What Chevy Model is it from ?
[IMG]local://upfiles/4301/28267E83032B483FAFE9CC8345C2487E.gif[/IMG] [/align][align=center]Hurry, B-4 it blows `up [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 09-27-2008, 05:51 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Mr. Space, that is the chevy nomad concept interior.

To answer your question, yes I am happy with my monte's interior. I also think for the most part chevy does a good job on their interiors. I am a big fan of the GM truck interiors. Im not much of a fan of the newer GM passenger carinteriors, tho the malibu and the G8 seem to be real nice.

Like you, I am not a big fan of the new camaro interior. Its too retro for me, doesnt remind me of the old camaro interior at all. Looks like something that would be in a crappy Honda hybrid concept or something.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:52 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I saw a G8 at a Pontiac dealership a couple weeks ago. Very nice interior. I liked it.

Although some people may consider the interior styling of the 2000-2005 Montes to be a little dated, I like it overall.
Of course there are some slight issues that I have with it. Like how everything inside the car is the exact same color. In my car, everything is black.
I like black, but I would like it more if a few things were a different color. Like an accent color. I've been tempted to paint a few dash pieces a different color, but it's very easy to go overboard. And I made that mistake in a previous car.

Started out with just a couple things, and went crazy painting the interior. Looked like poop when I finished. I used the brush in the touch up paint tube to paint a couple things. You could tell from a mile away. Brush marks everywhere. There was one piece of the dash that I thought would look good painted red, so I started painting it. With the affore mentioned paint tube brush (I was 18 and stupid, live and learn). It looked worse and worse the more I painted it, so I stopped part way done and never finished it. Because of the rough surface of the piece, I couldn't get the paint off. And because I was in school, I didn't have the money (or know how either) to buy and install a replacement dash panel. I had to live with it until I got rid of the car.

You can relax, it wasn't a great performance car or an expensive stylish car. It was a 1985 Cavalier hatchback. Basic transportation, but it was my basic transportation. And I made my dash look embarassingly stupid. Like I said, live and learn. Won't make that mistake again.

So getting back on topic, yes, I like the dash in my Monte.

Old 09-27-2008, 07:41 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i love teh interior of the Monte, great car, great feel.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:28 AM

[align=center]MCF Member mrl390 `Matt,[/align][align=center]You sure know your Chevy`s, better then I.[/align][align=center]You are the Winner[/align][align=center][sm=happy046.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=happy046.gif][/align][align=center]Below is the link[/align][align=center]http://www.dieselstation.com/news/au...d-concept.html[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Matt, you just got to school, and you already[/align][align=center]get a A+ on the MCF : ) Thanks for your winning posts.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]___________________________________________-[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I liked the dash in my 05 Monte, better then my 06LT3.[/align][align=center]I really like it when auto companies design their dash[/align][align=center]with oil temp/oil pressure/amp gauges[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I do like the `dash in the Nomad Concept.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Mod `Taz, thanks for your post/story. Sounds like [/align][align=center]zomething `kidspace would do [][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I would love to be behind the wheel of this one[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]What`s the Top Speed ? WoW "2 `dare - 2`dream" [/align][align=center][/align]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4301/2DF939426A014E71A55C0C8FD886047E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-28-2008, 09:16 AM

Only thing I don't like is the plastic dash piece around the radio and front of the dash. I pulled it off the other day and it was cracked where the screw hole was on the drivers side. Other than that love it.

Old 09-28-2008, 10:48 AM

ORIGINAL: Taz

I saw a G8 at a Pontiac dealership a couple weeks ago. Very nice interior. I liked it.

So getting back on topic, yes, I like the dash in my Monte.
[:-]
Yes, Mod `Taz, it is a improvement - Love the Six Speed Stick
[:-]
Would look Super in a Monte Carlo
I wonder if the Aussie`s @ Holden DeSigned the above,
or worked with GM Studio on it ?
But the G 8 with V8 & Options is way over $30K [X(]
I would love 2 `drive one, but one of the guys I ran into
at the Gas Station said he is only getting 14-18 MPG with
his G8 V-8 Auto : (
Way beyone my $ limit : (
Members, what dash do you like best in a Monte ?
What dash to you wish was in your Monte ?
Thanks for anyone that post/reads/drives a Monte Carlo : )

Old 09-28-2008, 10:52 AM

What part of your car do you see the most ?
I think the dash is a very important design on any vehicle,
don`t you ?
What do you think is the most part that you see most oftenon your
Chevrolet Monte Carlo ?
Sorry, I am always filled with lots of questions ?

Old 09-28-2008, 12:23 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i think i see my gauge cluster more than anything, or maybe my mirrors, hehe

Quick Reply: Chevy Dash/Interiors ?