Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

2014 Impala

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 06:07 AM

I personally dont like the look of it... If the Monte comes back I hope it wont get sucked into the look of todays cars... There is no such thing as a unique car anymore unless your looking at the high end car makers.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by DRuben
I personally dont like the look of it... If the Monte comes back I hope it wont get sucked into the look of todays cars... There is no such thing as a unique car anymore unless your looking at the high end car makers.

To be honest, that's what I like about the Infinitis. They're unique, especially on the interior. I can tell from a decent distance that it's an Infiniti, and a view of the interior is also a dead giveaway. Lexus and Accura are trying too hard to be like the European luxury cars IMO. Same goes for GM and Chrysler. Hate to say it, but as far as domestic car makers goes, Ford has the most unique styling of them all.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by SupplySgt
To be honest, that's what I like about the Infinitis. They're unique, especially on the interior. I can tell from a decent distance that it's an Infiniti, and a view of the interior is also a dead giveaway. Lexus and Accura are trying too hard to be like the European luxury cars IMO. Same goes for GM and Chrysler. Hate to say it, but as far as domestic car makers goes, Ford has the most unique styling of them all.
Thats the truth! Over the past 2 years every new car I see im like is that a Kia, wait no thats a Toyota, wait its a Hyundai, now I can add Chevy to the list

Old 04-04-2012, 08:02 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I truly like it. I think it's a great step design wise for the Impala. It is very subtle, but still has the look of the Volt, Malibu, Etc.

Yes the mid-size sedans are all looking alike, but that's because this is the look everyone wants. These cars are a common car, family cars, and I hope now more people will buy them over the imported counter parts

I just wish the belt-line was lower (meaning more glass and lower doors)

Old 04-04-2012, 09:38 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think it looks like every other car in it's class but like chibi said that is what people want. I think it has style but would like to see it in person first before I say that i love or hate it. I wish they would make a 2 door.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:39 AM

Can't make up my mind. I look at it once and I don't like it, look at it again and it looks better, then it looks importish, and then... I've seen better, but I've seen much worse. Guess I'll have to see it in person before I can decide.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:47 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
ugh, really getting tired of all these 6 cyl. Cars getting all this horsepower with no torque to back em up. Some guy in a 6cyl charger at work boasts all the time how he has 292HP and can 'smoke' a lot of 8 cyl. I wanna smack him, dude, you only have 260 ft/lbs of torque!! GAH!
My v6 has plenty of torque, 290ftlbs & 305hp

& i dont like any chevy car right now & this is just one more i can add to the list

Old 04-04-2012, 09:49 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by JAFO
Can't make up my mind. I look at it once and I don't like it, look at it again and it looks better, then it looks importish, and then... I've seen better, but I've seen much worse. Guess I'll have to see it in person before I can decide.
I agree, sometimes it looks ok other times it doesn't. When i first saw the thumnail pic it looked like an accord or soemthin

Old 04-04-2012, 09:52 AM

It's so difficult to Decide ?

Yes Brian, I think it will be easier to decide in person, but I think you should look at the new Impala a lot closer 4-Sure ~>

Old 04-04-2012, 10:06 AM

i like it! it needed some change. thats the style modern people are going for. so whatever works! i think itll sell! plus it doesnt matter cause i wont have one so i dont mind lmao

Quick Reply: 2014 Impala