New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

07 Monte SS Transmission slip

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 11:07 AM
Default 07 Monte SS Transmission slip

This is my first post on the sight. I have been browsing through the forum alot since I bought my Monte a month ago. It has 62k miles. I have a problem with an occasional slip from a casual acceleration from a stop light condition. I have read of many having this problem. I changed the trans fluid and verified it at the proper level at hot and cold. It didn't fix it. I took it a reputable trans shop. They checked it. Found no engine codes. They drove it and could not repeat my problem. I drove the Mechanic and of course it did not act up.

I have found if I start with the trans shifter in 1st then manually shifting to 2nd, the problem never happens.

Does any have an idea why manually shifting would bandaid the slip problem?

Old 07-13-2016, 11:16 AM

Well Im posting this so that it may be useful to someone else. I discovered an occassional slip in my transmission while accelerating from a stop. I then tried shifting manual form 1st to 2nd then to D. The slip would never occur. for the last week now I have tried just starting the shifter in 2nd. The I have identical results as from starting from 1st, no slip.