Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): Fuel issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 05:12 PM
Default Fuel issues

So I was driving down the highway today, My 2002 monte ss started acting hesitant around 70 miles/hr. I had limped my car to the nearest exit ramp, and getting off the ramp to get to a safe place the motor cut out. I coasted to a safe spot and tried to restart the car. It did fire but only for a short second or 2 and then it stalled out again. So I had it towed to my house which was about 1&1/2 hrs after initial stall. Once i got it unloaded, I decided to give it another try, it fired up and stayed running, but it did throw a check engine light, Does anyone know what could cause this?

Old 02-11-2017, 08:39 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2017

Something similar happened to me about a year ago. Here's what I found out.

I was driving home when the car started to act weird. I continued to drive and finally the engine cut out. I tried starting it 2 times with no luck. Thankfully, no one was on the road.

A buddy of mine came by and tried starting it, and it ended up starting. I drove it home. The next day, I tried to start it with no luck until the 3rd or 4th time. I decided to take it to a mechanic, who found the problem. It turned out to be the Fuel Pressure Regulator leaking gasoline and not keeping a vacuum seal. Once he replaced that, I never had the issue again.

Try seeing if that's the issue.