MCF Website Problems & Issues This area is for problems or suggestions relating specifically to the MCF site, not the car.

Site Upgrade - please post your problems here

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 09:20 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Site Upgrade - please post your problems here

Hey everyone!

As you have noticed, the site is finally getting it's long awaited upgrade.

As I write this, the site is still being worked on by the techs. So some things are not working properly yet.

This was a complete surprise to all of us. We found out about the site upgrade the same time all of you did.

The forum looks and "feels" different. Buttons and icons are not in the same places they used to be. Options and settings in your User Control Panel (User CP at the top of the page) are a little different, and you may need to re-select your settings. The size for avatars has been decreased also. Avatars now can be no larger than 80 x 80 pixels or 19.5 kB; which ever is smaller. This maybe the cause of most people's avatar problems. I had to edit my avatar to get it to work.

Something different involves logging in. I've been told that your username is now case sensitive. For example:

With the old operating system, a user name "Dale Rules" could log in by typing all lower case letters. Uppercase or lowercase didn't matter. With the new operating system, you must type in your user name exactly as it appears. With the mixture of upper and lower case letters.

Most, if not all, pics that people uploaded directly to the site before the upgrade, had to be deleted. I'm told the way pictures were encoded in the old software just isn't compatible with the new software. That means that all the Photo Galleries were wiped out. I managed to save about the first 10 pages of Photo Galleries to my computer, but I don't have the ability to restore the old galleries. There were 23 pages of Photo Galleries. I saved the first 10 before the upgrade. If there are any member's pics you're looking for, give me a shout. I'll check to see if I saved it or not.

On a personal note. I'm learning this new software just like all of you are. The moderators have a lot more abilities than we used to with the old outdated software. But it's going to take a while to figure everything out. We should be able to help you out better with problems you're having with stuff like profile info and such. Plus a few other abilities we never had before.

The site may have a few bugs to work out. But at least the bugs in the new software can be taken care of. I agree that the old software had a more familiar feel to it, and it's what we were all used to. But the old software was outdated and permanently damaged. I'm told there simply was no fixing it.

On the bright side: Voting polls should work again! No more multiplying appostrophies.

Old 03-07-2009, 11:39 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Originally Posted by Taz
On the bright side: Voting polls should work again! No more multiplying appostrophies.
the polls do seem to work, yay! i always wondered about the apostrophies, i just kept forgetting to ask. i didn't even notice that they weren't multiplying until you said that.

Old 03-08-2009, 09:54 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by knightfan26917
and we will be running on all 8 cylinders once again....

Or 6, as in my case.

Old 03-08-2009, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Taz
Hey everyone!
We should be able to help you out better with problems you're having with stuff like profile info and such. Plus a few other abilities we never had before.

The site may have a few bugs to work out. But at least the bugs in the new software can be taken care of. I agree that the old software had a more familiar feel to it, and it's what we were all used to. But the old software was outdated and permanently damaged. I'm told there simply was no fixing it.
Hey Taz I don't know if you can actually get in contact with the tech people or not. But would it be easier if we listed the things that we want changed/fixed in one thread on this subforum or to make a new topic for each one?

Old 03-08-2009, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by JJsRYD
Or 6, as in my case.

Jerk, you beat me to it. I was going to say not all of us could afford an 07'.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It would be 6 in my case too. LOL.

How about posting your issues right here in this thread. I'll start.

I had a problem of getting a "security token missing" message when trying to access my user control panel this morning, and again when my web browser tried to automatically log me in just now. The site would show me logged in for about 5 seconds then go to that freakin security token missing screen of death. I had to try getting onto the site, and very quickly click on log out. Then when it logged me out and asked me if I wanted to return to the screen I was previously viewing, I re-logged in without clicking on the "remember me" box.

Space sent me an email this morning saying he is getting the problem logging in also.

I sent an email to admin Patrick telling him of the problems we've been experiencing so far. I told him about the severe limitations on avatars and signature pictures, the icons and buttons that show up as red X's, the Monte at the top of the page missing the bottom half of the car, and most importantly, the constant "security token missing" screen of death.

Please post your problems here.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:15 PM

Thanks for the update Taz, let us know if you hear anything.

aric almirola is driving a weird baby-food yellow car sponsored by cub cadet today - i bet you don't have that color covered

Old 03-08-2009, 04:30 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by 04 Intimidator
Jerk, you beat me to it. I was going to say not all of us could afford an 07'.
:p:p

Old 03-08-2009, 05:29 PM

I assume signatures are not too far behind. sweet!!

Quick Reply: Site Upgrade - please post your problems here