Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

6th Gen ('00-'05): '04 SS Replacing Door Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 03:52 PM
Default '04 SS Replacing Door Speakers

Bought my '04 SS for way too much (I don't wanna talk about it) and the speakers in the doors are completely sh*t, with the ones in the back not being fantastic either. I'm taking the door panels off to check the wiring probably next weekend, but for now it's looking most likely that the speakers are blown. Ive been searching around and getting tons of different answers on the sizes of the door speakers, and what will fit in the mounts and what won't. If someone could help out that'd be great. I'd rather not cut any mounts or MacGyver the f*ck out of my car trying to replace some speakers, but I'll do what I have to.

Old 11-26-2016, 04:38 PM

Polk Audio DB6502
DB+ Series 6-1/2" component speaker system — also fit 6-3/4" openings!

The speakers are supposed to have holes that are pre-drilled to just replace the stock ones.

Also, ... raid a wrecked Mazda, VW's, Lexus and Infinity for Bose and Harm-Cardon.

Old 11-26-2016, 05:57 PM

Keep in mind that if you have the bose amp system the factory speakers are 2 ohm . pretty much all aftermarket speakers will be 4 ohm. so output will be reduced. that being the case look for speakers with a high sensitivity if you can. 90 db or above.