General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

SS vs SSEi

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 11:20 AM
Default SS vs SSEi

Hey guys and gals:

My friend got a 2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi and me and him always competing whos is beter. Like in, who's is better looking, who's car drives smoother, and last but not least who's is FASTER!

Well, you guys know what I would say, my 2000 SS s/c will kill his SSEi anywhere anytime anyplace!

I know me and him got the same engine, but his is all stock he did not do no mods at all. But in the other hand my car got couple of mods. K&N, MSD wires, and a boral exhaust.
But im still getting there step by step.

But now every time I drive with him all he says "Bonneville SSEi" and sometimes it would just get annoying.

So, what would I say to him........ LETS GO THE THE TRACK!
And what would he say........... NOTHING!
Because he already knows

I posted this because he posted my car in his Bonneville club. Which everybody started to hate on me..... LOL j/k. They did say couple of good comments here and there.

There was this one guy that said that he hates my lights (tail lights) he said in generally that he hates all monte tail lights.

But hey, look in the bright side, everybody said that my monte was a great looking car.

Let me know what you guys think about my friends SSEi?

And most definitely, let me know whos car will win in a race?

Here is couple of pics of the SS and the SSEi:

Last edited by 00SSsupercharged; 04-04-2009 at 11:36 AM.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Two VERY nice cars! Both are very capable with the L67 motors. Pontiac has always been known for performance, being able to tweak a litle more power from motors than Chevy, which tunes more for economy. With that being said, I am pretty sure the SSEI is heavier than the Monte SS S/C, so with all things being equal, and you having the K&N, I would have to say you would edge him out in this one. Weight and breathing.

Do you have the U-bend delete pipe or a down pipe?

Old 04-04-2009, 04:00 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

i'd imagine your car would edge him out. the extra "Ei" adds drag. it'll slow him down.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:06 PM

The U-bend, still didn't delete it yet. Im in the process of doing it.

SOON!

Old 04-04-2009, 08:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You should pull him with the weight issue.

His car is ugly as sin. That look is the demise of GM. Design by boardroom they call it. GM will try very much to forget they manufactured such a monstrosity. In contrast, the Monte Carlo defined a generation of GM. In stock car racing (at least), ALL bodies, regardless of manufacture, were base on the Chevrolet Monte Carlo design.

I do not mean that I dislike all Bonneville's - earlier SSE were cool enough. I just hated that last gen of Bonneville and Grand Prix's

Old 04-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

His bonneville is 400 pounds heavier than your Monte according to cars.com

But it should come down to driving abilities. The best driver will win the race.

Old 04-05-2009, 02:41 AM

ill go with the Monte on looks and performance. I just cant dig the rear of the bonni. too much reflective stuff, lol! Plus the Monte front end is killer. Go get 'EM!!

Old 04-05-2009, 09:56 AM

I like both of them.I dont know what one I like best because I have one of each of them.I like my SS for daily driving but the SSEi I think is better for long trips.

Old 04-05-2009, 11:30 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Two very beautiful cars. Iv seen a few cars around here like that, so sexy.

Old 04-05-2009, 11:42 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

I like the headlights on the Bonne. But the rest of the Bonne's front end (bumper and grill assembly) just isn't my style. Looks weird.

I agree about there being too much reflective stuff on the rear too. I would get rid of the stock red stripes between the two brake lights.

I'm not a real fan of 4 door cars being passed off as "sports cars" or even "sporty". To me, a 4 door is a family car.

Quick Reply: SS vs SSEi