General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

I think my car had heated seats????????

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 04:36 AM
Just call me Dubs
Default I think my car had heated seats????????

I was looking for a place to mount my by pass switch for my radio when I open the center console and found a spot just underneath where it latches at. I think it was spot for the coin holder box which I never had when I bought the car.It seem'd like a good spot hidden and outta way.So I proceeded to pull the center console cover and looked down in there and determined it was a good spot when I noticed to wires just sitting there not pluged into anything.First thing that came to mind was there right next to the blank panel where switches for head seats would be it must be that.Only thing is I have cloth seats in my car is it possible for you to have headed cloth seats or does that option only come with leather.I was telling my friend that works at a body shop and he said he seen it all the time you could have a base model or the next model up and all the wiring is there for it weather your model uses it or not it's there.He said just like on the LS without foglights the wires are there they are just tucked up into the bumper you would have to find them.He said all cars have capable of have all the options of the upgraded model just have to find the wires for it.So is it possible to have cloth heated seats or I just have the wiring I would have to get leather heated seats.

Old 03-13-2009, 08:41 AM

the heating element is sewn into the leather cover so no heat for cloth. I'm sure the wires are there because that makes assembly go smoother. I found this out when I had to replace the back cover to get the heated part working again. the seat bottom and seat back are wired in series so if one goes out then no heat.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:06 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

What you found is evidence that only one wiring harness got used in all cars. Whether they got the added accessories or not.

So when the people on the assembly line were making the cars, and like your's didn't get heated seats, they just didn't use a switch on the console to operate the heating elements.

I have found that one year of Monte did get heated seats with cloth interior by the way.

Old 03-13-2009, 03:44 PM

RJ- just wondering what year that was. seems like heated cloth seats wouldn't be safe. and was it sewn in the cover like leather?

Old 03-13-2009, 03:51 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I think the only car that offers heated seats with cloth is the Mini Cooper. My fiancee has the sport cloth - kinda a canvas type of material - and his are heated.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:37 PM

You could add them if you wanted to. Just goto a junkyard and find a Monte with heated leather seats and center console piece. Otherwise you could try ebay. It would be a nice addon.

Old 03-13-2009, 06:34 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If you can find a good set of the heated leather seats for a good price, go for them. They're great when you're in cold weather. You don't have to wait for the car's heater to warm up. The heated leather seats usually come with the full power adjustable option too.

They should be able to just bolt them in and plug in all the connectors. But you'll need to add some switches for the heated seats. For that, you can wire up your own switches, or goto gmpartsdirect.com and get the stock switch plate.

Old 03-13-2009, 06:58 PM

I was going to mention the heated seats in the winter bit myself, but I don't know what/where "go city" is. As far as I know it is GOtham City.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:40 PM
Just call me Dubs

Thanks for all the info guys i'm going to look into trying to find some at the junkyard or on ebay. and 04 Intimidator GO CITY is Chicago but some of us call it go city.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:48 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by jeff2425
RJ- just wondering what year that was. seems like heated cloth seats wouldn't be safe. and was it sewn in the cover like leather?
I'm going off the top of my head on this. I think it was '00 or '01 this was offered?

When I get home I'll check and post the information.

Quick Reply: I think my car had heated seats????????