General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Fixed the range of my remote....

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 06:29 PM
Default Fixed the range of my remote....

I know alot of people have been having trouble with the range of their remote start/opening and locking of their doors. As well as Tire pressure messages on the DIC. Well, I know I could have taken it in to get worked on, but I decided to check the Ground in the A-Pillar today and holy ****, the ground is just held in with a plastic push pin, and mine was hanging half way out.. I drilled a new hole, used a self tapping screw and washer, reattached the ground and voila, I can now start my car from the other side of the street. Not saying this will solve other problems, but it defintely did for this. I am still going to take it in to get all the updates.

Cheers,

Jason

Old 01-06-2007, 06:52 PM
Default RE: Fixed the range of my remote....

Might be a great start to look at mine since the dealer says there is nothing wrong with it. Thanks for the info

Old 01-06-2007, 09:26 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

How/where did you locate the ground at the A pillar?

Old 01-06-2007, 11:00 PM

You simply cannot miss it, just take off the A-pillar molding (just snaps off) You will see it there near the top of the a-pillar. You will see the receiver antennae on the corner of your windshield with a wire going into the moulding, its right behind there.

Old 01-07-2007, 02:06 AM

Gotta love how GM tries to do everything so cheaply only to have it come back and bite them in the **** with warranty claims. LOL....Can you post some pics of where this is located?

Old 01-07-2007, 06:18 AM

makes me wonder if it is the same for the 03. mine is so bad right now i have to be standing right behind the car.
I used to beabel to get it from acrossed the parking lot.
now it just about wont do it at all.

I would love to ge tit fixed but the dealer ship over ehre gives a new meaning to the words LAZY and flat out hatefule to Americans

Old 01-07-2007, 11:23 AM

I would but everything is back together again. Like I said, just remove the moulding on the driver side A-PILLAR its directly underneath that, you cannot miss it. Where the wire going in from the antennae on the window, its right there.

Old 01-07-2007, 07:05 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks for the information. [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 01-07-2007, 07:57 PM

Right along the lines of of cheap shortcuts (sorry, don't mean to hijack, but...), did anyone else have the problem with the vent panel on the dash lifting up at the seam between the panel and the main dash cover? I remember quite a while back some people had this issue and one person took it in to find out that the clips holding it down were a very cheap plastic and would break from road vibration. This was mainly in the '04-'05 models and some '03s. Did anyone else with this problem have any success at the dealership? Thery're giving me a heck of a time about it.

Old 01-07-2007, 08:19 PM

mine is still doing good havent heard any more on it. but now tha tyou mentioned it i wonder what happend on this also.

Quick Reply: Fixed the range of my remote....