General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

cot spoiler?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 01:13 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default cot spoiler?

does anyone know where I could get one? there the new ones that are soon used by nascar?

Old 08-11-2008, 04:40 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: cot spoiler?

go ask around on a ricer forum, see where they got theres?

Old 08-11-2008, 06:51 AM

[align=center]Hi Mike,[/align][align=center]I could not find a COT Spoiler for sale in my[/align][align=center]search or files.[/align][align=center]You may want to contact racers in your area[/align][align=center]that can fabricate one for you.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]http://www.mpdracing.com/custom_fab.htm[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Or check with places that deal in Professional[/align][align=center]Racing Equipment[/align][align=center]http://www.einet.net/directory/214251/Makers.htm[/align][align=center]Good Luck `Mike[/align]

Old 08-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Okay, I've heard the term for a while now, but what does COT stand for anyway?

Old 08-11-2008, 03:24 PM

Car of Tomorrow. Nascar's new chassis. Supposed to make everybody a bit more even.

Old 08-11-2008, 03:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Taz

Okay, I've heard the term for a while now, but what does COT stand for anyway?
Moderator Taz,
I was aslo spaced out when I first read the subject question
from Mike.
What is a COT Spoiler ?
Question: What is the NASCAR Car Of Tomorrow?
The NASCAR Car Of Tomorrow will be introduced to NEXTEL Cup racing for 16 races in 2007. NASCAR will switch to the Car of Tomorrow for the entire 2008 schedule. What is the Car Of Tomorrow and why is NASCAR switching to it?
Answer:
What Is The Car Of Tomorrow?
Over five years in design the NASCAR Car Of Tomorrow was designed from the ground up to be safer, more competitive and cheaper for the race teams. NASCAR has spent extensive time on the drawing board, computer simulations, in the wind tunnel and on the track to design the ideal NASCAR NEXTEL Cup race car for the future.
What did they come up with and how different is it from the current NEXTEL Cup race car? Before we get into the specific features here are some pictures of the new NASCAR Car of Tomorrow Dodge Avenger.
Car Of Tomorrow Safety Features
The Car Of Tomorrow is wider and taller than the current NEXTEL Cup race car. The drivers roll cage has been moved back and the driver's seat has moved in towards the center of the car. This provides a larger crumple zone around the driver and will help protect him in a side impact.
The exhaust system in the Car Of Tomorrow has been rerouted and designed to keep heat away from the driver. This will help reduce fatigue and prevent some of the blisters and heat exhaustion that we sometimes see today.
Car Of Tomorrow Competitive Features
Another big aspect of the Car Of Tomorrow are the competitive improvements in the design. The Car Of Tomorrow was designed to provide more passing and make the cars less sensitive to other cars.
NASCAR made a number of changes designed to make the cars less aerodynamic. The windshield is now standing up much straighter causing it to catch more wind, increasing drag and slowing the cars. Also the front bumper has been redesigned with a new front splitter to catch the air instead of cut through it. You can see the front splitter in this picture below the front bumper.
Another competitive feature is the new, larger rear wing which should increase the stability of the cars and slow them down. This is another feature designed to make the cars punch a larger hole in the air.
The Car Of Tomorrow will be less aerodynamic and will depend less on the wind for its stability. This will help the cars drive better in traffic and will reduce the "aero push" which currently makes it very difficult for cars to pass on the track at speed.
More passing makes for better racing.
Car of Tomorrow Cost Efficient Features
NASCAR was also concerned about the financial burden that the Car Of Tomorrow would impose on the teams. Currently NEXTEL Cup teams use different cars for short tracks, road courses, superspeedways and restrictor plate races. The Car Of Tomorrow is the same frame, roll cage and body for all different types of race tracks.
This will reduce the costs of building cars as a team would require fewer cars for teams to compete in a full season. Your Bristol car could be reused in Watkins Glen, Michigan and Talladega if necessary.

Old 08-11-2008, 09:58 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I know, its a ricer wing. my bad. I like the look of the low pro wing though! maybe i should just go buy a honda and kill my ego.

Old 08-12-2008, 12:05 PM

Hi Mike,
I think everyone should mod their Monte the way that they want.
You already have made yours different then the rest.
You have added your own touch.
Personally, I like Honda and many of the Ricers I see on the roads.
It amazes me how much time and money a person puts into their rides.
On weekends I wash a guys new 08 Honda Accord Coupe that has
all options. It is all Black with dark tint and custom 18 inch rims.
He let me drive it one day and I was surprised at the power,
and it was a auto. I would love to drive the stick Accord.
The interior is super and the Nav is placed well.
I still would rather have a 07 V8SS, but for a V6 Vtec,
the Honda has put together a great package.
Mike, Keep us updated on what type of spoiler you decide
to put on, or what other mods that you do.
Keep on mod`in & Having Fun
Peace Out
`Space

Old 08-12-2008, 06:27 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

if you want to make a COT, it would look stupid if you used a Monte. you need to trade for an Impala, get a chin spoiler, a big wing.....

Old 08-12-2008, 06:52 PM

Why you guys being so harsh to the man. Is it rice somebody makes a nascar replica and puts all the decals on it?