General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Breaktime Rejuvination

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 10:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member
Default Breaktime Rejuvination

Since I have 2 weeks off for christmas I think it is time for some rejuvination. No not for me, for my monte. I will be putting my new exhaust on this weekend and while its up on the lift I have a few things to do. Lack of time and a decent place to workwhile up at school have forced me to let my car go a little. I am in need of an oil change, one of my fog lights quit working and I have a bad vacuum leak. All this on top of the fact that the monte needs a serious wash/wax/detail. Looks likeI will have my hands full this weekend. I may just pull the font bumper while its up in the air and get to work on the light and the vacuum leak. While its off I may as well pull the splash liners and wash all the grime out from behind them. Fun fun fun.

So how are the winter months treating you guys and your montes? I havent really talked to many people on here for a while so im not quite up to date. Any new projects you guys are starting? Just curious, and a bit bored at the moment.

Old 12-24-2008, 04:29 AM
Default RE: Breaktime Rejuvination

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: mrl390

bit bored at the moment.
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Hi `Matt,[/align][align=center]I don`t think that I could ever get bored as long as I can log[/align][align=center]onto the World-Wide-Web ->4-Sure.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]We hope that you take pictures as you get your Awesome[/align][align=center]Monte Carlo ready for the January 2009 MOTM Contest [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]If you can, post pictures of your new stainless steel exhaust.[/align][align=center]Also, `if you get bored, tell us (post) about the auto tech -[/align][align=center]auto body school that you are attending.[/align][align=center]The Bums & I would love to hear about it, and I am sure[/align][align=center]the members would to.[/align][align=center]EnJoy your two weeks `off over your holiday break.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]to you,& `all [/align][align=center][/align]

Old 12-24-2008, 08:31 AM

before the cold kicked in i did a ridiculous detail of my car because my **** isnt gettin in the cold to do any cleaning lol. and im just gonna keep goin on the interior cos i can do that in relative warmth and come spring strip the car and give it another ridiculous detail and get to installing all my new goodies that are piling up

Old 12-24-2008, 09:01 AM

5 Year Member

Here is a pic of the exhaust:

I will try and take pictures once I have the system on.

So about school. Its going pretty good. I just finished my 3 month collision course and when I get back from break I will start my 3 month refinishing course. In collision they go over a lot of topics anywhere from dent repair to quarter panel replacement to welding. There is alot of mechanical topics as well such as suspensions, brakes, heating and cooling, ac, electronics and diagnostics, ect. The course was pretty cool, I would have liked to haveseen the instructors do more hands on lectures in the shop but you get plenty of time to do the projects and figure them out in your own way. We get a book of comps and we have to complete the comps and have them checked by the instructors. I enjoyed the class and did pretty well. The only time I had trouble was if I fell asleep in class.[sm=rolleyes.gif]Other than that I did pretty well in the class and I am looking forward to the other classes. After refinishing I have streetrod/metal fabrication, chassis fab, and then applied service management(business class).

Old 12-24-2008, 09:24 AM

[align=center]Hey `Matt, thanks for posting/sharing pictures of your new Exhaust [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Also, for your words about your training @ Auto Body Classes.[/align][align=center]We wish you the best in 2009 4-Sure[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]Below is Matt`s nominated Monte Carlo of the Month for January 2009, Good Luck `Matt [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2937709 [/align]

Old 12-24-2008, 07:00 PM

dude enjoi your time wit the carlo. i to will have lots of work going on sooon, i should be ordering parts up for er in the next couple of weeks. wish you had 6 weeks off like i do

Old 12-24-2008, 07:22 PM

5 Year Member

Damn. If I had 6 weeks off I could have so much stuff done. I would like to pull my plenum and front valve cover and smooth them out and polish them up. I also want to start moving things around under the hood to make room for a FWI.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:29 PM

ok ive never heard of a fwi. what is it?
they are installing cameras at my college so they started us two weeks earlier than usual. gotta love community college
right now on the top of my list is a gauge face kit, brakes all around,the headlights again, hid high low beams, cam, hogan downpipe with eletric cut out. its a start and i wanna get some headers to port see if that helps. im hoping when badheets gets his all apart i can get them from him.

Old 12-25-2008, 08:19 AM

5 Year Member

A FWI is a fender well intake. The intake tube runs right to the fender and the cone filter sit inside the fender and draws in cool air from there.

Old 12-25-2008, 05:16 PM

ahh that actually sounds usefull. woo hoo more performance.