General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

04SS Dale Jr, Super Deal ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 06:39 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 04SS Dale Jr, Super Deal ?

[align=center]Hi Members,[/align][align=center]Found the below Dale `Jr Edition when searching for a Monte[/align][align=center]for new Member Petey.[/align][align=center]Only 32K miles & Only asking $8,900[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]What do you think of `it, and the price ? ? ? ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Post your thoughts/opinions/etc[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]2004 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO, supercharged SS, 2dr coupe, rear spoiler & airbags, sunroof,pioneer double din,nav,dvd, w/ ipod adapt,sony playstat... read more

View the details of this vehicle
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
7 miles from ZIP code 33023
Private Seller

Get this sellers phone number [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]

[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
$8,900
Mileage: 31,812
[/URL] [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
Used 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged [/align][ul][align=center]8 Photos [/align][/ul][align=center][/align][ul][*][align=center]Red [/align][/ul][align=center]
[/align][ul][*][align=center]6 Cylinder Gasoline [/align][/ul][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]For more info please contact us at (305)694-0000
View the details of this vehicle[/align][/align][/align][/align][align=center]
[/align]

Old 11-10-2008, 06:54 AM
Default RE: 04SS Dale Jr, Super Deal ?

[:-]Location/Infor on above posted Monte SS [:-][/align][/align]9050 NW 27th Ave Miami, FL 33147
Phone: 305-694-0000 |Contact: Sales Associate |Fax: (305) 836-0698
[/align][/align]Above dealer also has a 08 V10 Viper that looks like[/align]KidSpace took 4 a test drive [/align][:-][/align]
Asking $57K [X(]I said I was sorry [X(][/align][/align][:-][:-][/align][/align][:-]Has any member ever drove a `Viper ?[/align][/align][:-]I like the gauges in the Viper [:-][/align][/align]`KidSpace Dream Ends, your turn to post something : )[/align]

Old 11-11-2008, 04:21 AM

$8,900
Mileage: 31,812

Old 11-11-2008, 04:51 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thats painful! I owe more than that on mine after making payments for 2 years, and your find lower mileage. Sell your house and buy it!

Old 11-11-2008, 07:54 AM

My guess theJr. Ed.was in a crashy crash.... especially if they're selling a viper with battle scars...

No way no how a '04 with 30K miles is going for under 10K.. unless it did 2 laps at Martinsville.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:35 AM

College is a salvage car dealer (carsmiami.com) may be a water car,rebuilt,may be a good deal such as stolen,buyer beware

Old 11-11-2008, 10:47 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Could be a lot of reasons. Some things I noticed about it:
The "8 Dale Jr signature series" badge is missing from the passenger side dash. Possibly because the car was a theft recovery???
The "Dale Jr" signature decal on the trunk is silver. I'm not 100% sure, but I thought all the signature decals on the trunk were black.

Other things that should be on a real Dale Jr edition (but not pictured here) is the the number 8 sill plates, embroidered front carpetted floor mats, and Dale Jr's signature should be stitched into the front head rests.
I looked at the VIN number, and it's no where near close to my VIN number. Not sure if they made all the Junior editions one after the other or not, so this may not matter.

You can check my cardomain page if you want to compare: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3042846

Personally, I don't know what to make of it. There's the old saying, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

This is exactly why it is so important to have and keep the certificate of authenticity with the car when ever it changes owners. If you say that dealership is a salvage dealer, then it's possible that it's the real thing. Probably a recovered vehicle. Recovered from what though? Water? Theft? Impounded by police from criminal activity (drug trafficing, etc...)?

This is also why you ALWAYS want to do a carfax on a car before buying.

Brent, I wouldn't feel bad about the price of yours. I'm making payments on mine also. Butmypoint being this: I would NOT buy that car. Even at that price. Depending on what actually happened to that car, it could be a HUGE money pit with a boatload of problems.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:59 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Thanks for offering some really good advice Taz.

I like the comment you made about keeping the C of A WITH the car if sold.

At the Rebel Run in Lima, Oh in september we were walking next door to Wal-Mart for lunch. Sure beat paying $6 forone hamburger.

In the fairgrounnds parking lot was a red '00-05 SS with Taz decals on it like the Pace cars got. These were the only decals on the car. Made me wonder if the Monte was a Pace car and the owner didn't like the decal kit that came with the car? So they didn't have it installed when it was purchased.

Old 11-11-2008, 12:49 PM

Thanks Mod `Taz
& Members: For your post/thoughts/opinion/wisdom.
"It does sound 2 good 2 `be true" [X(]
I hope that our new Member Petey gets a chance to check it out
and post what he thought of it. He only lives 7 miles away
from the stealership : )
I shall continue my search for my next Monte Carlo : )

Old 11-11-2008, 01:00 PM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: fever42

College is a salvage car dealer (carsmiami.com) may be a water car,rebuilt,may be a good deal such as stolen,buyer beware
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Hi Don, thanks for the heads `up, & taking the time to post your information.[/align][align=center]That`s what I love about this forum & the web.[/align][align=center]It does pay to do your homework B-4 Purchase, instead of after : )[/align][align=center][:-]

The largest salvage car dealer in the U.S.

[/b]We offer hundreds of late model damaged - wrecked autos, cars, SUV and trucks, for purchase as is.

We specialize in export of parts, and salvage vehicles. Detailed profiles and photos
click here [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]`SpaceJunk [/align][align=center]Found the below after searching the site postedby Don/
.Chevrolet.
STOCK #

YEAR
[/align][align=center][align=left]MODEL[/align]
[align=center]TITLE[/align]
DAMAGE
[align=center]PRICE[/align]
STATUS

Monte Carlo SS
[align=center]Rebuildable[/align]
Flood
[align=center]$8,900 [/align]