Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Info: Drilling heads for extra headbolts L67

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by GeorgeDee
setup is as follows

L67 stroked to 4.2 (billet crank), H-beam rods, wiseco forged pistons, 8.0:1 compression, o-ringed block, copper head gaskets, ported heads, custom grind turbo cam, double roller timing chain, 150lb springs, YT platinum rockers 1.6, Garret GTX3582 turbo, all bolts and studs ARP ( including head studs )

thats the main things, making 686rwhp @29psi drops off to about 26,27psi

Never use to push water but can now hear a purculating sound when i turn engine off and expansion tank is full

funny thing is still makes power and no signs of anything wrong on the dyno.
Nice setup, I think it's one of the few I've seen with decent power on a stroker.

The only thing I wonder about are those copper head gaskets. I know they're supposed to be great for race engines, but have heard issues with people running them on a street car, especially with coolant leaks. I have no personal experience, just what I've heard.

Have you tried to re- torque them? Have you tried pulling the heads to inspect the gaskets and deck surfaces? Just a couple thoughts...

Old 09-27-2016, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by turbo monte
There is a guy that just dyno'd 718whp using a turbonetics 75mm on pump fuel+meth on around 24psi. He has no issues as well

That's nice numbers, what car is the engine in? What trans and any trans work done? Still running pump fuel? What did you do for a fuel pump?

Thanks

Car is a HSV XU6 ( holden commodore ) with a T56 magnum. The car was originally paired from factory with a 4L60E but i was always breaking it, even when built. no other option was available for this model and conversion kit was sourced from Mal Wood Automotive - Home

Fuel is e85, pretty much available at most united servos in melbourne and pumping the fuel is 2 x bosch 044, 6litre surge tank, magnafuel reg and ID1000 injectors

Still has more in it, have had it to 736 rwhp and dont know if that was the limit either, tuner wasnt comfortable going any further unless we find whats causing the air into the system and backed it off.

Bloody annoying, wonder if air can be forced through the intake runner cut outs into the water jacket cut outs, refering to the manifold gaskets. The alluminium gaskets have been fitted.

Old 09-30-2016, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by bumpin96monte
X2, I'm running the same stud/gasket setup and have also not had an issue with pushing water. Granted I'm making less power and a little less boost.

What is your setup OP? IMO this level of work should be done by a machine shop. To do it right, I'd think you'd want to re-hone the cylinders since the clamping forces will distort the bores slightly differently.

Plus I think the ZZP heads have a thicker deck too, although that may just be to make up for the aluminum.
ive always been curious....how much hp it make?