Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Front license plate delete

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 08:00 PM
Default Front license plate delete

I am looking for the front license plate delete panel for my 04 SS i was wondering where i could get one with the bowtie on it and how much it would cost me. i would appreciate your help

Old 03-18-2008, 08:10 PM
Default RE: Front license plate delete

here you go buddy hury up before its gone.........you gonna have to get your own bowtie on it .....and this one is cheap

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...ayphotohosting

Old 03-18-2008, 08:23 PM

thanks if i cant find one with the indent of a bow tie ill go for it

Old 03-18-2008, 10:09 PM

These things look great on MCs. I would love to put one of these on my car, but it is illegal here in Iowa. Maybe I'll do it anyway...I can't imagine the ticket is too harsh for not having a front license plate.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:21 PM

Usually just a fix-it ticket... you do the repair and go to the station to have a cop sign off. anyway, that's what is was when I got my ticket on my '02 Monte. I would carry my license with me behind the passenger seat so I could throw it into the windshield if need be, but in that specific instance I had to spend the 15 seconds I had to put my seatbelt on instead (dumb, I know... I haven't driven without THAT since...)
I remember my boss in Okoboji got pulled over for the same thing on her SUV and didn't get a $$ fine either... I think the key is just playing dumb and saying, "Ya, so?" and "I didn't know that was the rule!" or just display your license plate in your windshield (it's not illegal to fill the bumper, just to not display a front plate).

But, Jason, I have been looking for one as well but finally just gave up and called the salvage yard they hauled my '02 to and bought my old filler back (and as soon as I get it, I will paint it up...) good luck finding one with an indent!

Old 03-18-2008, 10:38 PM

The cops around Emmetsburg don't give me any trouble about my car (blacked out tail lights, red underglow, tinted windows, subs causin a disturbance) but I am worried about Clay County cops or cops from up around the lakes. They are the main reason I got a perscription for my tint and lightened it to 35% on the front and I generally leave my underglow off when I leave E'burg. I guess the only thing stopping me from deleting my front license plate is possibly getting pulled over for it when maybe I've had a couple to drink (since I'm under 21 and there is zero tolerance).

Old 03-19-2008, 12:29 AM

You shouldn't be driving if you've had anything to drink anyway. But this isn't a lecture forum so I'll leave you alone. This time...

Old 03-19-2008, 11:28 AM
Monte Of The Month - April 2010 & Sep
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: black04monteSS

thanks if i cant find one with the indent of a bow tie ill go for it
They never had one with the bow tie on them, so don't get too hung up of trying to find one. If there was one out there, it was more than likely a decal

Old 03-19-2008, 03:04 PM

ORIGINAL: rysZ34

You shouldn't be driving if you've had anything to drink anyway. But this isn't a lecture forum so I'll leave you alone. This time...
I agree... I don't even open my trunk after I've cracked my first beer of the night... did too many stupid things in high school that I shouldn't have gotten away with and don't care to push my luck any further...

I always thought the Emmet County cops were the worst, but that's b/c I know all the backroads in 'boji (local) so I never see them! Isn't there a Spirit Lake cop with his purpleMonte as his undercover?

Turning the underglow off is a good call, and avoiding Clay County is also a wise move!...
either way, the platefiller is highly recommended!

Old 03-19-2008, 03:26 PM

no someone makes them, ive seen the bowtie indent on an older lady's monte over town one day and ive seen the other cover on cars that says monte carlo i just need to find one of them. either or would be fine i just dont want the flat spot in my bumper

Quick Reply: Front license plate delete