Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires/Rims/Suspension (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/tires-rims-suspension-16/)
-   -   Would these rims fit on my car? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/tires-rims-suspension-16/would-these-rims-fit-my-car-50089/)

Red Monte Carlo 08-19-2014 08:07 PM

Would these rims fit on my car?

Ok so ive been doing some looking for rims and I think ive found some in great shape that look like they would fit. I want to be certain that they would fit great so does anyone know? Link > 2011 Camaro LS factory rims

drivernumber3 08-19-2014 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Red Monte Carlo (Post 627263)
Ok so ive been doing some looking for rims and I think ive found some in great shape that look like they would fit. I want to be certain that they would fit great so does anyone know? Link > 2011 Camaro LS factory rims

Is it possible to go to where they are and test fit them on your Car. That's the best way, However you can check at your Chevy parts dealer to see what the bolt pattern is and see if it is the same as your Monte. There is probably a webpage that will give you that information also. Just google it and see?
I just put some wheels from an 02-05 on my Monte a 99 the Bolt pattern was the same but the offset was different. So I purchase some Hub Centric Spacers and that gave me the clearance for the Calipers I needed. There is an adapter for just about everything? :thumbsup:

Red Monte Carlo 08-19-2014 08:50 PM

Another question I have is do larger rims affect performance on a car? Example: would the stock rims and tires on an SS perform worse than stock on an LS because of the tire to rim size

ChibiBlackSheep 08-20-2014 07:24 AM

Those Camaro rims won't fit. Lug pattern is all wrong. You need a rim that is 5x115 and Camaros are 5x120

It's funny that you want the heritage rims, because I hate mine and can't wait until they are my dedicated winter pair :rotfl:

When you get larger rims, you usually get a little wider tire, and less sidewall height. It grips nicer, but the ride does get a little rougher.

Red Monte Carlo 08-20-2014 03:19 PM

Yeah the only reason i wanted those is because they were very cheap and I was gonna paint them chrome so it would look a lot better!

Leprechaun93 08-20-2014 04:44 PM

Larger wheels absolutely affect performance, bigger wheels are going to slow the car down because its like putting in taller gears. Though going up to 18" probably would not have been to bad, it's when you start going into the 20's that it becomes more noticeable.

ChibiBlackSheep 08-21-2014 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93 (Post 627357)
Larger wheels absolutely affect performance, bigger wheels are going to slow the car down because its like putting in taller gears. Though going up to 18" probably would not have been to bad, it's when you start going into the 20's that it becomes more noticeable.

Not if you don't change the overall diameter of the tire, by going bigger rim and lower sidewall. :thumbsup:

I recommend 18" rims, with a 245/45/18 tire. Very minimal change in the overall diameter.

Leprechaun93 08-21-2014 10:49 AM

If you do it that way yea, generally performance drawbacks aren't until you get into the 20's anyway.

Hiroska 08-29-2014 10:28 AM

Imo dude get the SS rims lol. I love mine, I just painted them black with plasti dip

fo44rd 11-08-2014 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 627418)
Not if you don't change the overall diameter of the tire, by going bigger rim and lower sidewall. :thumbsup:

I recommend 18" rims, with a 245/45/18 tire. Very minimal change in the overall diameter.

You get no rub or no issue what so ever with 245/45/18s. I want to put 18" 06-07 Monte Carlo SS wheels on my 2000 Monte Carlo SS. I friend requested you on FB, because my stupid questions I inboxed you went to your "other" mailbox instead of your inbox.