Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires/Rims/Suspension (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/tires-rims-suspension-16/)
-   -   6th Gen ('00-'05): Why does one front tire stick out farther than the other? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/tires-rims-suspension-16/why-does-one-front-tire-stick-out-farther-than-other-49491/)

HIxArsenaL 07-04-2014 04:07 PM

Why does one front tire stick out farther than the other?

I have issues with my front wheels, i didnt notice this until recently...my front passenger wheel sticks out like a inch farther than the driver side wheel.
Does this mean i need a alignment? Does anyone else have this problem?

:confused::mad::nono: This problem is driving me nutts!!

gasman 07-04-2014 08:05 PM

Alignment issues or something in suspension is bent

drivernumber3 07-05-2014 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by HIxArsenaL (Post 620778)
I have issues with my front wheels, i didnt notice this until recently...my front passenger wheel sticks out like a inch farther than the driver side wheel.
Does this mean i need a alignment? Does anyone else have this problem?

:confused::mad::nono: This problem is driving me nutts!!

Can you post a Photo? of the front might help with the ???????????

HIxArsenaL 07-05-2014 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by drivernumber3 (Post 620889)
Can you post a Photo? of the front might help with the ???????????

I cant grab a flick now but i will asap. Ill explain it though...The drivers side front wheel is flush with the fender but the passengers side is sticking out like an 1 inch out from the fender. If that helps at all.

I think i found the solution, i have a bad outer tie rod and makes my toe bad.

A05C 07-05-2014 07:02 PM

What part of the tire sticks out?

Top or bottom of the wheel? front or back of the wheel?

Top or bottom indicates a camber concern, front or rear of the tire indicates a Toe concern.

Does the car pull? steering wheel off center to the left or right?

HIxArsenaL 07-06-2014 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by A05C (Post 620908)
What part of the tire sticks out?

Top or bottom of the wheel? front or back of the wheel?

Top or bottom indicates a camber concern, front or rear of the tire indicates a Toe concern.

Does the car pull? steering wheel off center to the left or right?

its probably the toe because the rear of the tire sticks out when the wheel is turned straight...the car doesnt seem to pull when im driving though.

A05C 07-06-2014 05:42 PM

yea, It could have a bent tie rod end or the inner tie rod end could be loose. Quick way to check them is jack that side up, and wiggle the wheel/tire left and right and up and down.

Toe being out will eat a pair of tires very quickly

HIxArsenaL 07-06-2014 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by A05C (Post 621095)
yea, It could have a bent tie rod end or the inner tie rod end could be loose. Quick way to check them is jack that side up, and wiggle the wheel/tire left and right and up and down.

Toe being out will eat a pair of tires very quickly

thanks, i will definitely check it out asap. gonna be doing my alignment after i get my suspension done

hillbillywizard 07-07-2014 01:47 PM

I saw a 2000-2002 MC ss in Decatur AL at the corner of 6th and 8th. Something was bent, looked to be a strut issue as the top of the tire was way out and the bottom of the tire was way in... massive camber issue. Car has not moved recently.... It was the same color as mine.

HIxArsenaL 07-07-2014 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by hillbillywizard (Post 621202)
I saw a 2000-2002 MC ss in Decatur AL at the corner of 6th and 8th. Something was bent, looked to be a strut issue as the top of the tire was way out and the bottom of the tire was way in... massive camber issue. Car has not moved recently.... It was the same color as mine.

Im pretty sure or hope its not a bent strut or anything, i think my mechanic would have told me something.