Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires/Rims/Suspension (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/tires-rims-suspension-16/)
-   -   6th Gen ('00-'05): wheel spacers (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/tires-rims-suspension-16/wheel-spacers-49045/)

BrandonStebing 06-01-2014 11:34 AM

wheel spacers

has anyone tried to put 1.75' wheel spacers on the rear of their 6th gen monte, or has anyone herd of it being done? i currently have 1.25 spacers on my front and rear, the front stance is perfect. the front of my lowered 2000 ss with the spacers and my after market lip stick the tires out perfectly so you can see a slivier of my tire past the lip on each side. but the rear isnt as good as i would like it to be, from the rear you can tell it has a wider stance. but 1.25' isnt good enough, and i want to go bigger :) i just dont know if 1.75' is too big, and i think 1.5' wont be enough? anyone wanna share their thoughts? if you wanna see my front end go to my instagram page.

steveinri 06-10-2014 05:12 AM

If your sig pic is of a 1.25 spaced out rear wheel I wojld not go any more. If your fronts stick out more than that its probably too much. How about some pics? I love seeing what others are doing to their Montes.

03SSLE 06-12-2014 08:20 AM

Some people on the forum use and endorse them, but I think they are a bad idea. The first thing they are going to do is alter the tracking pattern of your wheels. This is going to effect the steering and the car is going to exhibit understeer or oversteer. It will also throw your alignment off. Another thing they are going to do is transfer the weight of the vehicle to the studs. Then you run the risk of the wheel studs breaking off.

vikesfan 06-12-2014 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE (Post 617830)
Some people on the forum use and endorse them, but I think they are a bad idea. The first thing they are going to do is alter the tracking pattern of your wheels. This is going to effect the steering and the car is going to exhibit understeer or oversteer. It will also throw your alignment off. Another thing they are going to do is transfer the weight of the vehicle to the studs. Then you run the risk of the wheel studs breaking off.

just as an fyi, the good spacers incorporate the bore lip into the adapter so it is not riding on the lugs, but rather an extended bore lip. yes, the studs will be doing "more work" but not to the extent you indicate.

secondly, some people do not care about the other stuff when all they care about is "stance". i come from the VW world, and i can say with out a doubt, those guys are plain stupid on what they do to their suspension and wheels. but yet, very very few of them actually break wheel studs and prefer the "look" and "stance" over any practical function that may be hindered by doing these things. sure, hubs and bushings go out sooner, but that is the price one pays to have "stance cred". :rolleyes: