Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires/Rims/Suspension (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/tires-rims-suspension-16/)
-   -   tire what do you all like? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/tires-rims-suspension-16/tire-what-do-you-all-like-51219/)

avendo 11-23-2014 06:03 PM

tire what do you all like?

hankook,bf Goodrich,yokohama?

The_Maniac 11-23-2014 09:41 PM

For a good all season tire that holds up well mileage wise and is not badly priced, I have been happy with Kelly Chargers (I've used them on my '84 Camaro and my old '94 Grand Am).
My Monte has after market 18" wheels and I bought those with Kumho tires, I only drive it during the summer, but they have been awesome summer tires (but are rated as an all season, since the car doesn't see snow, I really cannot say what the winter driving is like).

avendo 11-24-2014 05:10 AM

I just bought this car and had mis matched tires ,2 kuhmo on the back dry rotted .. I have had yokohoma's on my 03 bonneville and they seem to flat spot in winter..

avendo 11-25-2014 10:17 AM

I went with uniroyal tigerpaws

STUMPMI 11-25-2014 10:59 AM

I really enjoyed Having the Goodyear RSA Eagles from the factory..and I nearly had 88,000 miles on them when I had to change them out...

I now have some all season Michelin Advantage tires on it... They are 90,000 mile tires... Despite only using it during the summer months.now..
I have had time to appreciate them in both city and highway driving and I am truly satisfied with them despite the higher $$$ value they cost me..

I tried to get another set of goodyear RSA's only they make the P series which the P stands for the police..version.and are only 40,000 mile tires and you don't get the ride/mileage/performance I wanted out of them..

They no longer make the passenger car version of my original Goodyear RSA Eagles..:thumbsdown:

These Michelins should very well be the last set of tires I will ever put on my Monte Carlo..:)

avendo 11-26-2014 06:41 AM

Never had michelins on anything... Got bf goodrich radial t/a on my chevelle going on 13 yrs now..

STUMPMI 11-26-2014 10:08 AM

Yes that's very old school for sure ..I too use to use those as well..

However know the only white letter tires they make now are for trucks..
Nothing for passenger vehicles like our Monte Carlo's.

I believe once you put a set of Michelins on your Monte...you wont want to use anything else.. IMO

They are a bit pricey..but worth it to me.

03SSLE 11-26-2014 10:31 AM

Pirelli

supersexy04 11-26-2014 11:04 AM

I just had 4 new tires put on my 04 Monte Carlo. they are Cooper Tire CS5 Ultra touring, they're really quiet, smooth, and have excellent traction in wet and dry situations. it's not snowed here yet so I'm not sure how well they would do in the snow, but they are rated for mud and snow. only downside is they're only 50,000 mile tires.

turbo monte 11-26-2014 11:50 AM

50,000 mile tires and you call that a downside :rotfl:

i get about 6,000 miles out of my nitto's on turbo monte if im lucky. (sticky sport tire to help hook, not really ment for longevity) :)