Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.
View Poll Results: Would You Put These Wheels On Your Monte?
Yep
71.43%
Nope
28.57%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Opinion of Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 12:33 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
We refer to the 06/07 as 7th Gen here :p

If you don't like it, you can... go... idk

No, I completely agree with you. . . .

Old 09-10-2011, 02:13 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

I voted yes, I just am not really a fan of people buying aftermarket rims at a stock size. If mine would have come in 19s I still would have got them.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:22 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Limited amount? Dude, you can put rims on your car that fit Mustangs. The possibilities are endless.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:06 AM

I like them! I would do mine on gold, I am not a fan of chrome, but those would look great, I also like both Foose and American Racing wheels

Old 09-12-2011, 11:41 AM

I like. Subtle, not gaudy like a lot of chrome wheels today.

Old 09-12-2011, 12:04 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Originally Posted by nitehawkjcb
Limited amount? Dude, you can put rims on your car that fit Mustangs. The possibilities are endless.
LOL...let me elaborate...

Maybe I should have worded it the limited amount of wheels that 'I' like. I don't care for very many of the multi-spoke designs, and most that I did like don't have the correct lug spacing, width and/or offset available for my vehicle. They would either rub while turning or stick out beyond the fender well. Either that or they had been discontinued and not available. It also appears that a lot of wheels on the market are redundant with only minor differences between them. I don't care for the wheels out there that look like someone glued a silver serving plate to their hub either, which eliminated a lot of vendors. I'm not into putting a plus plus plus size rim with a super skinny tire on my car. It's fine for some if that's what they want, but its just not me. Besides, I like to drive my car a little faster than 25 mph. I know I shouldn't stereotype, but it seems like every car around here with the big rims on it drives no faster than 25 mph and almost comes to a complete stop every time they approach a bump in the road. I spent almost two months looking at several brands of wheels...American Racing, Elbrus, MB, Konig, Boss, Vision, Boyds, MHT, Foose, Menzari and on and on the list goes. Of all the wheels I looked at the five spoke design appealed to me the most, but I don't care for those ridiculous looking faux rivets on the circumference of the wheel so that eliminated quite a few of that style. Again, they're fine if that's what you like, but I don't care for them. So, the amount of wheels available that 'I' like is limited.

Old 09-12-2011, 12:49 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

The best w-body rims were discontinued. :p

Old 09-12-2011, 01:16 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011

Originally Posted by 03ssle
i don't care for those ridiculous looking faux rivets on the circumference of the wheel so that eliminated quite a few of that style. Again, they're fine if that's what you like, but i don't care for them.
i completely agree!!!

Old 09-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
LOL...let me elaborate...

Maybe I should have worded it the limited amount of wheels that 'I' like. I don't care for very many of the multi-spoke designs, and most that I did like don't have the correct lug spacing, width and/or offset available for my vehicle. They would either rub while turning or stick out beyond the fender well. Either that or they had been discontinued and not available. It also appears that a lot of wheels on the market are redundant with only minor differences between them. I don't care for the wheels out there that look like someone glued a silver serving plate to their hub either, which eliminated a lot of vendors. I'm not into putting a plus plus plus size rim with a super skinny tire on my car. It's fine for some if that's what they want, but its just not me. Besides, I like to drive my car a little faster than 25 mph. I know I shouldn't stereotype, but it seems like every car around here with the big rims on it drives no faster than 25 mph and almost comes to a complete stop every time they approach a bump in the road. I spent almost two months looking at several brands of wheels...American Racing, Elbrus, MB, Konig, Boss, Vision, Boyds, MHT, Foose, Menzari and on and on the list goes. Of all the wheels I looked at the five spoke design appealed to me the most, but I don't care for those ridiculous looking faux rivets on the circumference of the wheel so that eliminated quite a few of that style. Again, they're fine if that's what you like, but I don't care for them. So, the amount of wheels available that 'I' like is limited.
Ah, gotcha.

x2 on Chibi's statement. Chibi when you want those rims gone, I call dibs. lol

Old 09-12-2011, 01:47 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by nitehawkjcb
Chibi when you want those rims gone, I call dibs. lol
Don't see that happening lol

Quick Reply: Opinion of Wheels