Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires/Rims/Suspension (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/tires-rims-suspension-16/)
-   -   New Wheels!! (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/tires-rims-suspension-16/new-wheels-30996/)

03SSLE 09-16-2011 07:09 AM

Those wheels look great on your Monte! :thumbsup: Is that the bright silver finish or the satin silver finish?

lougreen03 09-16-2011 09:06 AM

Space you speak the truth for sure. They've even cost me dollars I haven't made yet.

The_Maniac 09-16-2011 11:47 AM

TireRack only offered one finish on those wheels. I think it looks like a satin silver and the inside it like charcoal gray.

I cheated on paying for these babies! Years of not cashing out on my Discover Card cash back points paid for almost half of them. The other half was saving for replacement tires when the time came. DING! Time arrived :)

So far I REALLY like them. I know they do make the Monte look a touch taller due to the change in sidewall profile. But those rims are HOT! And the "Vette"-like look was what I wanted. Little to no change in ride quality, so I am very happy over all.

red04montels 09-16-2011 12:11 PM

looks awesome! i would like to see some pics too after the springs settle a bit!

nitehawkjcb 09-16-2011 12:35 PM

Needs moar lower ftw

my00monte 09-16-2011 04:04 PM

All I can say is WOW! Been lookin' at some Moda's like this for myself.. when I get the money. Lol

Jester_20 09-16-2011 04:56 PM

I'd have to agree with about EVERYTHING you'd said. I love the corvette look and this is about the closest you'll find. Looks great! congrats on the upgrade

xxtheshockerxx 09-16-2011 05:42 PM

those rims look great on your car!

kingreyna 09-16-2011 06:30 PM

Looks amazing... kinda like someones Monte I know :). Drive it around some to let the spring settle and take more pics. I wan't so see what your plans are for the caliper are. I need to change mine also.

The_Maniac 09-16-2011 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by kingreyna (Post 364049)
Looks amazing... kinda like someones Monte I know :). Drive it around some to let the spring settle and take more pics. I wan't so see what your plans are for the caliper are. I need to change mine also.

Haha! Yeah, I appreciate your help man! I was looking at these wheels on TireRack for a while. Once I saw them on your Monte, I was sold! That was the look I wanted.
Those pics are right after I lowered the jack. After taking it for a ride, the car has settled and sits better. I will have to clean her up and get better pics.

As for the calipers, I am still debating on swapping my single piston front calipers for dual piston F-body upgrades. Either way, I want to price powder coating (and if it's too much, I will paint them myself). I'm thinking red caliper and silver holding brackets (I think those are called banjos).

When I bought this Monte, I wanted the '03 Pace Car edition (had the blue/silver paint, best factory rims, the vertical spoiler and a slightly unique interior). After everything I've done to the Monte this year, I think mine officially surpassed the Pace Car dream! I have better performance, sweeter looks and a unique interior. It has always been a Monte I was proud of, but now, it's truly something more!