Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

KYB GR-2/Excel-G VS. AGX? Who has them?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 09:21 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

There used & u over paid by $2 post a link to the ebay listing

Old 07-11-2012, 09:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS
Any one know how much stock OEM coil springs are? Did I overpay LMAO..

Going to be filing a dispute with eBay tomorrow it sounds like. And since I'll probably refuse to pay to ship them back. The people who sold them are going to be totally out it sounds like. LOL

Looks like I paid for OEM springs and a few Eibach decals

But really, did I get a steal on new OEM springs for $100 shipped? My luck would be that they aren't even for a Monte
Those do look like factory Monte springs in the picture but definitely used. Too bad, that would have been a great buy because, yes, those Eibach springs are discontinued. Hope you get that straightened out with ebay.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

I'm waiting for "Nancy" to reply to my email regarding my purchase. I even sent an email prior to purchasing, asking her to confirm that these "Eibach Springs" were new and not used and she replied that they were so I have plenty of proof directly on eBay to get my money back assuming they come as pictured.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:39 PM

3 Year Member

Here's the original listing:

You are looking at an Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs 3886.140 for GM Chevy Monte Carlo 2000 - 2005 with original box and decals.

The springs are in good Unused condition with some wear from open storage. The box has wear and warping as shown in pics.

Please See Pics for details and overall condition.

The springs weigh approx 27 lbs and will ship UPS Ground in the original box or Local Pickup.

Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have.

This will ship in 1-2 business days after purchase.

here are some specs and more info below

Eibach Pro-Kit Performance Lowering Springs 2000 to 2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Manufacturer: Eibach
Part Number: 3886.140

Product Description:

The #1 Choice of Automotive Enthusiasts Worldwide
High Performance Handling and Aggressive Good Looks
Lower Center of Gravity — Lowers Vehicle* 1.0" - 1.5"
Stop Quicker, Corner Faster and get Better MPG
Progressive Spring Design for Excellent Ride Quality
Part of the Eibach PRO-PLUS and PRO-SYSTEM-PLUS
Million-Mile Warranty

The Eibach Pro-Kit is the perfect answer for most frequently-driven street cars. It´s our legendary spring system that dramatically improves both a vehicle´s performance and appearance.

Pro-Kit lowers your car´s center of gravity, reducing squat during acceleration, body roll in corners and excessive nose-dive under braking. When combined with Plus-1 or Plus-2 wheels and tires, the Eibach Pro-Kit is the finishing touch to a winning recipe for performance. Pro-Kit also reduces excessive fender-well clearance, making your car look just as hot as it performs.

Every Eibach Pro-Kit is designed and tested by our suspension engineers and performance driving professionals, to deliver aggressive good looks and high performance handling, without ever compromising safety or ride quality. By using our proprietary, progressive spring design, Pro-Kit provides the ultimate balance to take your passion for driving to a whole new level.

*Lowering amount varies by application—use our application lookup for specific information on lowering for your car, truck or SUV.
Additional Information:

Lowering Height:

Front: 1.3 in

Rear: 1.0 in

Posted with eBay Mobile

Old 07-11-2012, 10:47 PM

Monte Of The Month -- September 2011
2011 Monte Of The Year
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Oh man that sucks ***!! hopefully "nancy" lol gets back to you and you can get your money back Cus that ain't cool
But yea if they were eibachs that wouldve been an awesome deal, that's what I paid for mine

Old 07-11-2012, 10:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- September 2011
2011 Monte Of The Year
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Oh and if you do return em, keep the stickers and send them to me lol I need a decal to replace the peeling MCF sticker in my engine bay :p lol

Old 07-12-2012, 05:09 AM

You will get your money refunded. I have filed a dispute through ebay in the past.

I would ask her first and tell her they are the factory springs and see if she will refund you. If not file a dispute and keep your emails.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:43 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
post a link to the ebay listing
Yes please do, or if you don't want to disclose the seller on a public forum then please PM me their user ID so that I don't inadvertently have any dealings with them in the future.

I think you have plenty of evidence showing the springs were sold under false pretense so getting a refund should not be a problem. You may have to eat the return shipping fee though.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:43 AM

3 Year Member

She simply requested that I refuse the package today so that neither of us has to pay to ship them back.

The money will be refunded once the package is back to her. I have all messages on eBay of her apologizing and saying that she "will" refund the entire purchase price and shipping so hopefully it goes well. Sounds like she truly didn't realize what brand the springs were as she was willing to ship them next day shipping for no additional cost.

My guess is that she buys random stuff from various sales and hopes that the items in the boxes match the box. She had no clue that they were not actually Eibachs but was very understanding after she did some simple research to find that Eibachs do in fact say "Eibach" directly on the springs.

Thanks for pointing it out everyone! I knew it was too good to be true Looks like I'll have to go with the non-Eibach lowering springs LOL

If I don't get the correct refund I'll be sure to share the username here so no one else gets tricked into buying these LOL. But for now she sounds like she will be refunding all of my money so I won't call her out publicly at this moment.

Last edited by 01 Monte SS; 07-12-2012 at 07:46 AM.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:50 AM

3 Year Member

Anyways, does anyone here have the AGXs and are in love with them lol? I could always just buy GR2s and paint or powdercoat them red Just kidding lol

Quick Reply: KYB GR-2/Excel-G VS. AGX? Who has them?