Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

I need a new suspension! Help me decide!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by 03SSChevyFun
I just thought that if you modified or replaced anything suspension-related that an alignment was necessary afterwards.
It typically is, but you only need a camber kit if you are wayy out of spec, or so I thought? If you already got it lowered and aligned, why are you needing a camber kit?

I'm running a full BMR suspension (adjustable) so I don't really know how the stock setup is.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:19 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

If you are not into a Name Brand or don't want to spend big $$$ and still get a good Stiff ride and Not have to remove/install springs, here is two sites I used to get a good feeling suspension, stiffen it up and have enough clearance for my 18x8 and 245/45s
CompleteStruts.com | Product Search
Got all 4 Struts for under $300
Adjustable Rear Coil Spring Spacer, Spreader or Compressor
Added a set of their to each of the rear springs. I have a full size spare on those wheels in the trunk plus a good bit of tools in my trunk. And then I put the Mrs and our 15 yr old in the car. No bottoming out, No fender rubbing, I Love the way my Monte rides. I've did my suspension all around about 4 months ago. I drive 22 miles each way to work and have to stop for a toll on the way home. I floor it on the way out of the toll and have No noticeable sag. You can see pics in my garage. The tools and the full sized tire are in the trunk in all the pics.

Last edited by JC Colon; 09-16-2013 at 08:24 PM.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by JC Colon`
If you are not into a Name Brand or don't want to spend big $$$ and still get a good Stiff ride and Not have to remove/install springs, here is two sites I used to get a good feeling suspension, stiffen it up and have enough clearance for my 18x8 and 245/45s
Added a set of their to each of the rear springs. I have a full size spare on those wheels in the trunk plus a good bit of tools in my trunk. And then I put the Mrs and our 15 yr old in the car. No bottoming out, No fender rubbing, I Love the way my Monte rides. I've did my suspension all around about 4 months ago. I drive 22 miles each way to work and have to stop for a toll on the way home. I floor it on the way out of the toll and have No noticeable sag. You can see pics in my garage. The tools and the full sized tire are in the trunk in all the pics.
when you ordered your complete struts, did it come with new bolts that mount them to your car? I dont have my original bolts and need them!

Old 09-29-2013, 12:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

If you mean the pins at the bottom of the Struts, No. But you should be able to pick them up at any auto parts store. NAPA may be the best place to try for them. The bolts at the top are connected to the Struts and the new nuts come with the new set.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:25 PM

Ok. Ya, i was talking about the connected bolts. I need the nuts! lol.

Old 11-20-2013, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by JC Colon`
I am definitely going to check this out. I have KYB Excel-G struts and Canuck Motorsports lowering springs on mine right now, but I constantly rub and bottom out in the back. Probably courtesy of my full-size spare and 2 10 inch kickers. I always wondered if there was a way to further stiffen the rear because it is WAY too bouncy. MUCH improved over stock, but could still use some stiffening. Thanks!!!