Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires/Rims/Suspension (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/tires-rims-suspension-16/)
-   -   Help with wheel center Hub nut size (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/tires-rims-suspension-16/help-wheel-center-hub-nut-size-28903/)

Franks 03SS 06-15-2011 08:05 AM

Help with wheel center Hub nut size

I will be replacing my front wheel hub sometime next week or so, I've done it before and it's fairly simple, I just need to know if anyone knows what size the center hub nut is?
I lost the socket which I used before so now I don't know what size to get lol
If anyone knows I'd highly appreciate it ;)

ChibiBlackSheep 06-15-2011 08:09 AM

The Axle Nut??

It's a 36MM

Franks 03SS 06-15-2011 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 333406)
The Axle Nut??

It's a 36MM

Yea the one in the center of the hub assembly

ChibiBlackSheep 06-15-2011 08:25 AM

Double-checking with the walkthrough that I like it confirms a 36MM

Wheel Bearing Hub Assembly Replacement Guide - General Motors Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - Pictures & Instructions

Franks 03SS 06-15-2011 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 333408)

I guess I'm going with that then :thumbsup:
Thanks chibi

The_Maniac 06-15-2011 08:37 AM

I know the first time I ever did a wheel hub (on a Grand Am), I did not plan ahead. Luckily, i did a free "loan a tool" from the parts store (loaned a BUNCH of large sockets). Now I have the Harbor Frieght Axel Nut Socket Set (VERY nice to have, includes a nice carry case, used it a few times, glad it's in my garage).

Franks 03SS 06-15-2011 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac (Post 333416)
I know the first time I ever did a wheel hub (on a Grand Am), I did not plan ahead. Luckily, i did a free "loan a tool" from the parts store (loaned a BUNCH of large sockets). Now I have the Harbor Frieght Axel Nut Socket Set (VERY nice to have, includes a nice carry case, used it a few times, glad it's in my garage).

Yea sometimes it's nice to have tools u think ur not goin to need, just in case lol
And I hate it when that time comes and I need a certain tool and I don't have it becus I thought I would never need it haha :mad:

ChibiBlackSheep 06-15-2011 08:56 AM

My Dad and I pooled together our tools in his garage, and we use our Service Manuals before every job to make sure we have most of the tools, if not we usually add it to our collection.

Just sucks to do work I have to drive to his house lol

Franks 03SS 06-22-2011 11:27 AM

FML lol
so i got my hub replacement today, my car is up on stands since im installing my new rotors and getting my wheels painted, i bought the 36mm socket for the hub nut and its too big :confused:
now i have no way of getting another until later when my dad gets home :mad:
im guessing its either a 32mm or 34mm :(
anybody know for sure??

ChibiBlackSheep 06-22-2011 12:27 PM

The walkthrough was wrong??? Yikes, I've been giving that to everyone!!!

I found a link on NAIOA that suggests it's a 33mm now :(