Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires/Rims/Suspension (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/tires-rims-suspension-16/)
-   -   6th Gen ('00-'05): Gmpp sway bars? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/tires-rims-suspension-16/gmpp-sway-bars-55992/)

SSBlue 04-19-2016 01:45 AM

Gmpp sway bars?

I saw that gmpp has front and rear sway bars for our Monte Carlos and I was wondering if they are actually upgrades for the SS? Or are they just the stock bars that come on the SS's? Anyone know anything about them?

ohara 04-19-2016 05:41 PM

They are upgrades for our cars. You can get them at zzp.com fairly cheap and upgrade the bushings while you are at it

turbo monte 04-19-2016 07:41 PM

Can also buy them from summit, for sure get upgraded bushings when doing this and yes it's a upgrade :)

zjerry 04-19-2016 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by SSBlue (Post 687142)
I saw that gmpp has front and rear sway bars for our Monte Carlos and I was wondering if they are actually upgrades for the SS? Or are they just the stock bars that come on the SS's? Anyone know anything about them?

I bought the front one from gm parts direct , and it was the same as the one on my 2005 monte carlo ss supercharged...

SSBlue 04-22-2016 01:46 AM

Mine is a non supercharged '01 SS... I also saw some gmpp braces for the front... What are the effects/benefits of upgrading these parts on these cars?

SSBlue 04-22-2016 01:47 AM

I appreciate the inputs and opinions ��

ohara 04-22-2016 08:31 AM

They help with cornering keeping the car from experiencing body roll. Upgrading the bushing at the same time is good because they are better quality and the ones GM uses from factory are generally supplied by the cheapest bidder so you kinda get what you pay for lol. Here are some links to the products

Front sway bar GMPP

GMPP Front Sway Bar - Suspension & Brakes

Progress front sway bay

Progress Front Sway Bar - Suspension & Brakes

there is a difference in price but you get solid vs hollow which will help in the handling.

Poly sway bar bushings

Front Poly Sway Bar End Links - Suspension & Brakes

GMPP front sway bar end links

GMPP Front Sway Bar End Links - Suspension & Brakes

GMPP Rear sway bar

GMPP Rear Sway Bar - Suspension & Brakes

Now throw this in with the front and rear sway bar and your car will handle like it's on rails

ZZP Rear Strut Tower Braces - Suspension & Brakes

you can also upgrade the rear trailing arms but at some point you have to ask yourself what exactly are you using your car for lol

each link will give you some information on the specific product so it will help you determine exactly what will give you the best useable performance upgrade for your car and driving needs. Most factory sway bars on our cars eventually rust out and break so at that point you may as well upgrade anyways but it's all up to the driver and what they want from their car

turbo monte 04-23-2016 07:50 AM

If you want stb's and trailing arms etc just buy the bmr kit as they are the best of the best.

I agree the sway bars need new poly end links but they also need poly bushings to fully take advantage of them.