Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

black on black?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 08:49 PM
Default black on black?

I have a black 03 and i was thinkin about gettin black rims with red letter tires. Anybody ever do that, or have any pics? Any ideas on what i should get? the biggest i want to go is 18s

Old 04-26-2006, 10:46 PM
Default RE: black on black?

Well in my opinion if your gonna go black rims, go all black. Don't buy those ones with the little chrome strip. Go all black for that racing look. Im not sure which ones though, red tires sound sweet. Check out my yellow tires on my monte.

Old 04-26-2006, 11:12 PM

that looks sick man, id really like the rims you have, if anyone had those i would buy them. the refurbished ones are like 275 a piece, so i might as well get somethin else for a lil cheaper. where did you find those yellow letter tires, I wonder if that place would have red letter tires too. thanks for the input

Old 04-26-2006, 11:41 PM

I like the idea of black on black, however the red letter tires thing is on you. Also, I like the idea of having a polished lip instead of all black, but that's just me.

Old 04-27-2006, 12:38 AM

hey!!! lol i have the black with polished lip.....

in my opinion all black would not really look that nice.. you need something to break up the black

Old 04-27-2006, 12:43 AM

your car black too? do you have any pics? its a big decision, i gotta weigh my options.. i found those goodyear Nascar tires, but only in white lettering and the biggest tire rack has it is for a 16 inch rim.

Old 04-27-2006, 01:22 AM

alright so heres the deal, i found some rims like yellow_monte's for $200 a piece. the polished ones are 275 and the chrome ones are 357(ridiculous). found the nascar tires for $99 a piece. I have a silver pinstripe as well on it now. im thinkin about gettin the goodyears and the silver factory 16s. thoughts? i have the crappy hubcaps on it now and those need to get the hell off. what should i do???

Old 04-27-2006, 01:57 AM

ORIGINAL: dickie34

alright so heres the deal, i found some rims like yellow_monte's for $200 a piece. the polished ones are 275 and the chrome ones are 357(ridiculous). found the nascar tires for $99 a piece. I have a silver pinstripe as well on it now. im thinkin about gettin the goodyears and the silver factory 16s. thoughts? i have the crappy hubcaps on it now and those need to get the hell off. what should i do???
Do whatever you want. I can tell you what I like and what looks good to me but that's my opinion, do what you can afford and think looks good!!

Old 04-27-2006, 09:38 AM

I like the black with the chrome trim myself. Like "The Black Machine 29's" rims.

I am not sure how red letter tires would look but sounds like it might look pretty cool. I'll photo shop Yello_Monte's yellow tires when I get a chance and post it...

Old 04-27-2006, 12:32 PM

bought the diamond cut 16 inch wheels of ebay last night, right outa the box. i was gonna get the 17s but i really like those Nascar tires and i haven't been able to find them in a 17. so today im gonna order those tires too. I searched all over for red letter but couldnt find them so ill just go with the white letter, i think that will look good. my bank account isnt lookin good after this though ill tell you that but its worth it. haha

Quick Reply: black on black?