Showcase Your Ride Post Photo-shoots, Videos, Sound Clips about your ride!

6th Gen ('00-'05): Video, took the Monte out for a couple pulls

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 09:56 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Crusader SS
h

John you and Greg have crazy wicked set-ups for sure...... If you want, I'll run you, but lets put the video camera in mine, that way you'll have some awesome winning footage, does the camera have zoom, I might need it?...
thanks man. I told the wife when I got a go pro that I'm gonna mount it facing backwards

Old 01-27-2014, 10:25 PM

Hp don't mean everything plus you gotta get it down the track without burning your tires off lol

Old 01-27-2014, 10:28 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ..Scar'lette..
Greg, you truly represent the "Monte Carlo Dream". I could watch this video, as well as your other Test Run's, for hours on Repeat. You're my hero, ZIPPY! It's a dream of mine to someday eventually meet you and see (and hear) that gorgeous Monte in action! I still hope you will guide me in my post-High School turbo build! Who knows, maybe someday it will be worthy enough to travel down the 1/4 mile along-side of you!
Your to generous with your words, thanks much. Yet in all honesty for build design help in my opinion the TOP member here on the forum for that would be Turbo Monte (John). He is the hands on get dirty guy. Mine I gave the builder the results I wanted and told him to try and get there. When it comes to serious high power builds, I'm a chicken, already lost one build due to a half arsed Vegas builder. I can do heads, add parts to the short block and get it running, but I'm not the internal spec'd out builder. Would love to run into you as well, let you see what it took to get me where the car is at now.

Old 01-27-2014, 10:30 PM

Did those racing seats fit easily or did you have to modify a little

Old 01-27-2014, 10:35 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by 04 SS/SC
Hp don't mean everything plus you gotta get it down the track without burning your tires off lol
Your absolutely correct, I was just burning these tiresoff for shi#* and giggles as I'm done with them. I have drag tires for the track, John is getting his wrinkle walls all ready to get nasty out there too..

Old 01-27-2014, 10:50 PM

Hope he has a beefed up diff and front suspension. Slicks will tear a stock front end to pieces

Old 01-27-2014, 10:56 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Hope he has a beefed up diff and front suspension. Slicks will tear a stock front end to pieces
Well thats a given, John's Monte is as well built as mine. We pretty muched paid our dues in broken parts and they are now ultra built. Johns tranny will be a few notches in quality above mine, He is still out selling plasma to pay for all his GMPP parts...

Old 01-27-2014, 11:05 PM

Haha whatever works I guess

Old 01-28-2014, 07:03 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Your to generous with your words, thanks much. Yet in all honesty for build design help in my opinion the TOP member here on the forum for that would be Turbo Monte (John). He is the hands on get dirty guy. Mine I gave the builder the results I wanted and told him to try and get there. When it comes to serious high power builds, I'm a chicken, already lost one build due to a half arsed Vegas builder. I can do heads, add parts to the short block and get it running, but I'm not the internal spec'd out builder. Would love to run into you as well, let you see what it took to get me where the car is at now.
Thanks Greg! Means a lot to hear that!

I've got parts in my trans you probably don't even know exist (no offense) my trans has every hard part GMR ever built for it, also have TEP upgrades the whole way through.

Idk why your trying to talk down to me and my car in all honesty. Your new here and havnt been around to know and see my build happen so why talk like that? Go research my previous posts here and you will find a ton of build threads of turbo Monte. I've been in the 3800 scene since 2007 now, I feel I'm pretty seasoned on what breaks and how to make big power out of these cars.

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Well thats a given, John's Monte is as well built as mine. We pretty muched paid our dues in broken parts and they are now ultra built. Johns tranny will be a few notches in quality above mine, He is still out selling plasma to pay for all his GMPP parts...
Lol Greg I told you already I know where more GMR parts are sitting and I'm willing to go get them for you or anyone that is making above 450whp. I say over 450whp because under that Zzp and intense and TEP has parts to handle up to around there.

Old 01-28-2014, 07:36 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Guys guys, no need to start any arguments.

If you have pride and money in your build and your car is faster than the normal, be proud of what you drive!

Doesn't matter who is the fastest, only matters is that no one else can keep up with you

I would love to see all of our high powered members line up, that's a damn dream right there.

Quick Reply: 6th Gen ('00-'05): Video, took the Monte out for a couple pulls