Showcase Your Ride Post Photo-shoots, Videos, Sound Clips about your ride!

6th Gen ('00-'05): Video, took the Monte out for a couple pulls

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 03:00 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by dbaldwin
I feel you. I want to go, maybe one day. But its a LONG drive.
Need 4 of these, one in each quater of the country...

Old 01-27-2014, 03:15 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Crusader SS

Need 4 of these, one in each quater of the country...
Im sure there are some GM meets up here. Theres at least 5 of us in the PNW area. Id love to see you at a meet up or show for sure.

Old 01-27-2014, 05:00 PM
Monte of the Month -- December 2013
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Greg, you truly represent the "Monte Carlo Dream". I could watch this video, as well as your other Test Run's, for hours on Repeat. You're my hero, ZIPPY! It's a dream of mine to someday eventually meet you and see (and hear) that gorgeous Monte in action! I still hope you will guide me in my post-High School turbo build! Who knows, maybe someday it will be worthy enough to travel down the 1/4 mile along-side of you!

Old 01-27-2014, 05:09 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

I haven't seen that group shot with our names under until now that's pretty awesome!

Greg I have some 30mph-100mph pulls and 50mph-110mph pulls with turbo Monte on my old setup and I am just curious to compare the videos to see how much faster you are compared to my old setup to get an idea

Old 01-27-2014, 05:14 PM

Wish you guys were closer to michigan idk about zippy monte but I would love to run against you turbo monte. Think my lil supercharged set up would surprise they he'll out of ya lol

Old 01-27-2014, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member

Lol, I run anyone and anything, its all in fun. Only thing I will say is I think your under estimating turbo Monte... turbo Monte should be making near the same amount of power as Greg's Monte. Yes my signature says 384whp but that was on a very old setup and I hit the ceiling of the maf around 4000rpms and at that point was flooding in fuel.... I have 384whp listed because as of now that's all I can back up but I assure you in the spring I will be making way more HP than that. I'm estimating 550-600whp in the spring. I will be on the Dyno in the spring to know for sure what she is making and once I do that I will update my sig with the new HP numbers.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:22 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by turbo monte
Lol, I run anyone and anything, its all in fun. Only thing I will say is I think your under estimating turbo Monte... turbo Monte should be making near the same amount of power as Greg's Monte. Yes my signature says 384whp but that was on a very old setup and I hit the ceiling of the maf around 4000rpms and at that point was flooding in fuel.... I have 384whp listed because as of now that's all I can back up but I assure you in the spring I will be making way more HP than that. I'm estimating 550-600whp in the spring. I will be on the Dyno in the spring to know for sure what she is making and once I do that I will update my sig with the new HP numbers.
Id run you john just to watch turbo monte take off haha

Old 01-27-2014, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by dbaldwin
Im sure there are some GM meets up here. Theres at least 5 of us in the PNW area. Id love to see you at a meet up or show for sure.
I'm in...

Old 01-27-2014, 09:29 PM
10 Year Member

A quick story that makes me chuckle every time I think of it.... a local car club I belong to had a new member join and come to a meet. We were all bsing and turbo Monte got brought up. The new guy goes wait you own that? So I said yea and he goes "dude this spring I seen you going down the highway and I tried freight training past you and once I got right beside you I heard you get on it and next thing I know I'm not passing you anymore your pulling away and spinning tire all at the same time! I just gave up at that point I knew I didn't have a chance"

Hearing things like that from people I don't even know is plain out awesome! Lol

Old 01-27-2014, 09:37 PM

h
Originally Posted by turbo monte
A quick story that makes me chuckle every time I think of it.... a local car club I belong to had a new member join and come to a meet. We were all bsing and turbo Monte got brought up. The new guy goes wait you own that? So I said yea and he goes "dude this spring I seen you going down the highway and I tried freight training past you and once I got right beside you I heard you get on it and next thing I know I'm not passing you anymore your pulling away and spinning tire all at the same time! I just gave up at that point I knew I didn't have a chance"

Hearing things like that from people I don't even know is plain out awesome! Lol
John you and Greg have crazy wicked set-ups for sure...... If you want, I'll run you, but lets put the video camera in mine, that way you'll have some awesome winning footage, does the camera have zoom, I might need it?...

Quick Reply: 6th Gen ('00-'05): Video, took the Monte out for a couple pulls