Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Showcase Your Ride (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/showcase-your-ride-64/)
-   -   Suggestions (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/showcase-your-ride-64/suggestions-59089/)

Tommydz71 11-14-2017 04:47 PM

Suggestions

5 Attachment(s)
Should I keep it stock or add some mods.

96z34man 11-14-2017 04:53 PM

It's already not stock. Leave the mods you have, especially the Hooters girl, and call it a day.

Tommydz71 11-14-2017 06:41 PM

I only added the 3 and intimidator decals. But all else original and gets almost perfect scores at shows

bumpin96monte 11-14-2017 08:37 PM

If there's stuff you'd like to change, I'd say mod away. May as well make it suite you, it's not an expensive rare collectible or anything.

I'd only suggest 2 things:
-keep in mind if you ever sell or demod that you're not going to get hardly any money back out of mods.
-keep in mind the cost of mods vs the value of the car. Its probably not a great idea to wrap up $10k in mods in a $3k car (not saying that's what your car is worth, just throwing out numbers for conversation) unless of course you're going to up your insurance coverage to match what you've got into it. You'd hate to total it and be out the cost of all your mods (which wouldn't be a big deal with $500 in mods).

Tommydz71 11-14-2017 10:38 PM

I’m the original owner. Bought it because I loved the body lines. It’s been mostly a summer weekend car and I show it on occasion. I do have it covered for 8200 what is what the insurance company said it was worth to find another one in that shape. I was only thinking about a few small mods like maybe the front air dam Adding a red stripe to separate the silver and black, and a few under the hood details.

wht02monte 11-15-2017 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Tommydz71 (Post 707457)
I’m the original owner. Bought it because I loved the body lines. It’s been mostly a summer weekend car and I show it on occasion. I do have it covered for 8200 what is what the insurance company said it was worth to find another one in that shape. I was only thinking about a few small mods like maybe the front air dam Adding a red stripe to separate the silver and black, and a few under the hood details.

Check around the site.. Too many things you can do to these 3800's to list.. Careful tho -can be quite addicting..

chifan 11-15-2017 07:24 AM

I don't care what you do to the car, but those three gorgeous women need no modification....DAYYYYAMMMMM....

drivernumber3 11-15-2017 07:48 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Well gosh here is a couple of idea's the ground effects are cool and :rolleyes: if you want more chics you could change the color to like this one.:rotfl::rotfl::nono:

96z34man 11-16-2017 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Tommydz71 (Post 707451)
I only added the 3 and intimidator decals. But all else original and gets almost perfect scores at shows

That ain't the stock grill, dude. BTW, that's the best-looking part of it that isn't in a Hooters shirt.

bumpin96monte 11-16-2017 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Tommydz71 (Post 707457)
I was only thinking about a few small mods like maybe the front air dam Adding a red stripe to separate the silver and black, and a few under the hood details.

Sounds like you've already got it pretty well thought out, and it sounds like you're being very realistic with your goals. IMO, I'd mod away. May as well get the car how you want it and enjoy it!