Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Showcase Your Ride (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/showcase-your-ride-64/)
-   -   5th Gen ('95-'99): Going to the dyno. Any guesses? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/showcase-your-ride-64/going-dyno-any-guesses-53273/)

zipper 05-18-2015 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by 04 SS/SC (Post 663187)
That is a crazy belt setup. You custom fab that or is there a kit?

It's a kit that was offered through Stattama back in the day. Not a lot of kits were sold, but there were a few and it seems like one kit goes for sale every year or two on ClubGP.

ZIPPY02 05-18-2015 08:31 PM

In all reality I hope you meet your hp goals when you do go to the dyno this Wed. Has to be exciting to have finally put the last few pieces of the puzzle into the car and now comes the moment of truth. Best of luck to you!!

KingWord 05-18-2015 08:33 PM

il say 380 whp,just a guess lol

nitehawkjcb 05-18-2015 11:40 PM

I'll guess 399.

zipper 05-19-2015 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by nitehawkjcb (Post 663260)
I'll guess 399.

While I wouldn't be upset with that, it would make me regret holding off installing the intercooler that I have, lol.

nitehawkjcb 05-19-2015 08:30 AM

Wowww man you're shooting for that much HP with no IC!!! That thing's gonna haul with an IC!

What kind do you have? Can't wait to hear the results of the dyno man!

turbo monte 05-19-2015 09:54 AM

With no ic I don't see you making over 360 whp and that is pushing your luck I think. I'm thinking If you make more than that the iat's are gonna be so hot it's gonna predetonate the fuel and make for a very bad day.

Best of luck to you and keep us posted!

zipper 05-19-2015 11:49 AM

I know it's a high goal but I'm basing it off of my last dyno. The last time I had a dynotune it made just shy of 350whp. That was on the Novi 1k. The Novi 2k that's on it now puts out a lot more air (IIRC 1700cfm compared with 850cfm out of the Novi 1k). In all honesty though, I'm getting dynotuned right now in order to be able to drive the Monte at WOT. Right now I don't dare give it any load or rev it past 3k rpm.

This will only be the first dynotune with the Novi 2k. After I mout the intercooler and everything with that, drop to a smaller pulley, then I'll go back and get some real numbers.

nitehawkjcb, it's a w2a intercooler.

turbo monte 05-19-2015 12:37 PM

I understand a bigger novi flows more air but it also makes air hotter which without a intercooler probably won't make much more power but make it easier on the blower to make same power.

Same principal for a turbo. A small turbo can produce say 10psi max while a big turbo can produce 20psi max. The bigger turbo will make 10psi easy unlike the all turbo but it will make same power. Now turn the bboost up on bigger turbo and you get more heat so unless it's cooled you can't turn it up to male more power.

Hopefully that makes sense to you, also I may be wrong but this was always my thoughts behind it. Keep us posted and good luck man!

zipper 05-19-2015 01:00 PM

I understand what you're saying. Heat is always the enemy, but unlike a turbo, the Novi csc's don't get hot like a turbo does due to exhaust being ran through it. My Novi 1k was always cool enough for me to touch no matter how much I had been driving.

But I also could be wrong here and if I am wrong, the intercooler is going on and I'll go back to the dyno.