Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Showcase Your Ride (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/showcase-your-ride-64/)
-   -   CarShow Display (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/showcase-your-ride-64/carshow-display-52570/)

tweek 03-26-2015 11:10 AM

CarShow Display

Ok everyone I need some thoughts of a display to do at racewars, as of right now. IM just gonna have the hood up with engine bay LED's on and my letter from GM that I have #532 of the 4000 intimidator models and the post card for the car

2004 Chevy Monte Carlo SS Dale Earnhardt SR SE Postcard | eBay

What else do you think? maybe lay a couple big checkered flags down and have the car sitting on those?

drivernumber3 03-26-2015 01:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
You could put a #3 if you have a large one on a stand, You might want to go to Hobby Lobby and get a frame for the letter and post card and set them up on a little table next to the car. Hobby lobby also has vinyl upholstery material that is the Checker board cover 4 pieces of Plywood to set each tire on. If you have cleaned up the undercarriage of the car you could lay a Mirror on the ground to show that off. Good luck! I will see if I have any photo's that have show cars that may give you some ideas. :thumbsup:

Ok I attached some Car Show pictures of what some other folks did that was just a bit different. Maybe it will spark an Idea. :bang head::chevy:

tweek 03-26-2015 02:04 PM

Right now for the letter and the postcard I have them each in their own plastic paper protector and tape them to the windshield from the inside, usually put the letter on the driverside and the postcard on the passanger side.

ZIPPY02 03-26-2015 02:57 PM

I think if you can get together a placard to list what modifications you have done or what ever has been to the car is always a good thing. People like to have something to read. Mention it is SC, how much hp, torque, standard 0-60 ft & 1/4 mile times, top speed etc.. Mention it is a limited edition signature series, have a couple photo's with your under hood lighting on at night. etc. Embellish some of the finer points of your Monte. Checkered flags on the ground Im kind of iffy on that, but could not hurt if the wind and such is okay., I'm iffy on that, leave your windows down so people can stick their heads into your Monte. Keep dusting it off through out the day, some people might want to hear your SC, so get in and fire it up for them.

tweek 03-26-2015 03:03 PM

I might just buy a canopy like that for some shade that way everyone can see the lights better. this is an all day event so me and my friend are bringing some chairs and a cooler. We wanted to bring a small charcoal grill but dont know how the food trucks would like that since they are paying to be there.

tweek 03-26-2015 09:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This was the best I could get I waited too long everything was comming out too dark

ChibiBlackSheep 03-27-2015 10:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I created myself a poster that displays the mods:

Attachment 23742

tweek 03-27-2015 12:22 PM

That's an awesome poster you made. I might do something similar but have stuff specific to the intimidator edition since I haven't dint a bunch of mods. Only DID Exhaust Cold Air Intake And Some LED lighting

AwesomeSS 03-28-2015 10:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
show sign
Attachment 23739