Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Showcase Your Ride (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/showcase-your-ride-64/)
-   -   6th Gen ('00-'05): Beauty IN the beast.. (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/showcase-your-ride-64/beauty-beast-59613/)

wht02monte 04-16-2018 06:09 PM

Beauty IN the beast..

10 Attachment(s)
So Ive been wanting to post some pictures of my 05 SS with these perfect fitting rims.. They are 18x8.5" "Drag Dr-63" (true measurement is a 18x9"/They actually went out of their way to specify this before I purchased them because I guess there were some

issues with other customers who bought them)

If you remember my last car (those who were around back then) I had the "MB Drifter" 17x7.5". I really wanted those same ones but come to find out they were only made by "discount tire" and were discontinued. Had I known this, I would have kept them when I got rid of

the car. I found 2 brand new sets on ebay, but the guy wanted like over $1000 for the set so.. Did some searching and found these that are also exclusive to this company so thats kind of a plus.. Stay a little more original than the rest.. Although, I wish I had gone up a size

to 19" because they way they are designed, they just look a little smaller than they are.. Still awesome tho.. What do yous think about the car so far?? Ofc its a huge work in progress and I have TONS of plans.. Now I just need TONS of money XD...

Attachment 35776

Attachment 35777

Attachment 35778

Attachment 35779

Attachment 35780

Attachment 35781

Attachment 35782

Attachment 35783

Attachment 35784

Attachment 35785

wht02monte 04-16-2018 06:10 PM

Sorry about that format duh... I tried to double space but that didnt seem to work..

Is there a double space format option in the reply section, anyone know??

Jeffs02rwdSS 04-16-2018 08:15 PM

I like them , they look better than the chrome rims in the other picture.

wht02monte 04-17-2018 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Jeffs02rwdSS (Post 710724)
I like them , they look better than the chrome rims in the other picture.

Ohhh yes!!! Thanks..

Sidestreet 04-17-2018 08:56 PM

Good choice in rims there, wht02. Normally I think that 18" is the "sweet spot" for wheel size on FWD Montes, but I see your point that these would look all right in the 19" size too.

And IMO black wheels look best with a silver (or chrome) rim, like yours, so that they don't practically disappear into the black of the tire and the wheel well.

(Why the hell entirely-black wheels is such a big automotive fashion craze now is beyond me.) :nono:

ZIPPY02 04-18-2018 12:50 AM

New rims, one of those important decisions that can keep you up at night. bet in the course of a couple of months looking for new rims when I 1st started modding in 08 there was nothing that just greatly appealed to me, take me home, bingo, sick, nothing. As you all know I ended up keeping my original 16" OEM 5 spoke diamond cuts, did the black powder coating routine, added a red accent stripe, did the chrome lug covers and rare red bowtie chrome center caps. And that is what I still find myself liking even all these years later. I mean I do still look, waiting for that magic combo to grab me.

Your 5 spoke choice is spot on, actually have a clean futuristic look to them. I would put them on my Monte. Have some thin width red pin stripping around the perimeter, nice chrome valve stems and caps. Your center caps already have a touch of red, and your trunk bowtie is red Love your brake set up, looks like we could have copied each other. Drilled / slotted rotors, red calipers, looks very nice, your open spoke design really gives you the opportunity to display your upgraded brake package. Are those the F-Body calipers, look rather long, stopping is a good thing. What pads are you running? I was using Wagner ThermoQuiets for years, but since doing a different style track other than the straight line 1/4 mile I experienced substantial excessive pedal fade driving the road course track. After reading quiet a bit of literature on pads I settled with the EBC "Yellow Stuff". I experience nearly zero pedal fade but the flip side is, the pad dust is significant and I will probably have the rotors chewed up and in need of replacement every couple of years.

Your Monte appears to be in very decent condition, it could be worth minding your nickels and dimes and position yourself to be able to do those few trick Mods that will make the ladies thighs quiver and the haters go "Daaamn" every now and again. eBay has the headlights with the clear corner lense and black housing. $125 for a set of them. Get em before they disappear again. New LED taillights and for about $300 you transformed your cars curb appeal pretty darn good.

Where are you going now? Suspension, engine, appearance Keep on putting your money into the "Beauty in the Beast" Keep at it brother, :thumbsup:

Bobbo2112 10-15-2018 11:57 AM

I think I've spent way to much time in my life thinking about rims. These look good to me though, nice choice.