Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Showcase Your Ride (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/showcase-your-ride-64/)
-   -   2004 Monte Carlo SS build thread (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/showcase-your-ride-64/2004-monte-carlo-ss-build-thread-56470/)

Captn_Cook 06-11-2016 08:15 PM

2004 Monte Carlo SS build thread

Hey guys, I purchased this piece of canadian manufacturing on 6/4/16. Pics will be posted below. When i have time. I'm quite happy with the purchase I was nervous before purchasing it.

Lets talk about the struggle it was to get it. I had the title bill of sale etc. Well I bought the car in OK thought i didn't need to get it notarized since I live in KS. (KS doesn't have a spot on their titles for a notary to sign). Well just today I got this bad boy notarized because the Tag agency told me i had to :confused:
Called about 50,000 notaries and they all said no they won't do it since the seller didn't sign it in front of them...BS. Well me and the seller went to one and they said they don't care if it was signed already they just need to see his ID. Well, she then proceeded to go insane because the title had his shortened name on it and he printed his full name. All hell broke lose than. She was legit crazy...then proceeded to call me and tell me to come back to her if i need anything else done. Ohh and she charged $20 to notarize documents. Well, called a few more...why do most notaries sound like they have mental issues? Well, we finally found a sane notarie she actually understood the problem and proceeded to notarize it. Ohh, and she only charged $5.

Just thought i should include the stressful part of the purchasing process :thumbsup:

Back to the real topic...the build thread. First things first the drivers seat needs to be replaced. The leather is ripped and such. Nothing a junkyard seat can't fix. Maybe i'll even add heated seats to it if they are available at the junkyard. A nice and loud car stereo :P with some big ol' subwoofers. Might go for the loudest trunk car in KS unsure yet. Paint needs some touching up. Might just wrap it myself. Will make a brow etc. Rest is going to be surprise.

This is going to be a mild build thread for now :thumbsdown: However, there are plans for a transplant within a few years :thumbsup: maybe even making it RWD need look into that more.

plumbob 06-11-2016 08:41 PM

Wow Captn.

Sounds like you're goin' all out. Looking forward to pics. of the progression. :thumbsup:

The_Maniac 06-12-2016 08:25 AM

Not sure if the notary rules in KS are the same as Ohio. I know two notaries personally. They legally can only charge I believe $5 for their services. As for the signing, by law they are to witness the signing parties actually sign the document before notarizing (otherwise, if they notarize and it was found that the signature was not really witnessed, they can be in legal trouble and loose their ability to be a notary). As I understand, there are legal ways they can work around it. I would imagine validating IDs is part of that process.

Best of luck with your plans. Make sure to show some pics.

Captn_Cook 06-12-2016 01:47 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Attachment 20322

Attachment 20323

Attachment 20324

Attachment 20325

Attachment 20326

Attachment 20327

Attachment 20328

Captn_Cook 06-12-2016 02:58 PM

Has anyone purchased heated seats and the panel to make the car have heated seats even though it didn't come with heated seats? I'd like to see a wiring diagram for them. Do you guys know if its already wired for them? just missing the panel and heated seats?

The_Maniac 06-12-2016 11:14 PM

I believe I've read that everything to make the heated seats work is there. Get the switch panel and the plug is already under the center console and the seat wiring is either under the carpet (may need to cut a small hole and pull it up) or already under the seat.
Bottom line, it's a ready-to-go set up if what I recall is correct.

Captn_Cook 06-14-2016 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by plumbob (Post 691169)
Wow Captn.

Sounds like you're goin' all out. Looking forward to pics. of the progression. :thumbsup:

Hey man, Judging by your engine bay picture in the thread where you fixed the HVAC system. It looks to be that i'm missing the line completely. I'm talking about that line that goes up the strut tower and then goes towards the drivers side. This is the line you are talking about correct? You have the 3.8?

plumbob 06-15-2016 09:29 AM

Yes, 3.8L. The line starts at a plastic fitting at the back side of the UIM on the drivers side. The fitting has a larger (about 3/8") hose connected to it also. My car is a 2000 SS and now that I think of it your car might not have that line. Around '04 or '05 they switched to electric actuators instead of vacuum. Maybe somebody here will chime in to confirm that. Problem could still be similar, but with the actuators or wire circuit to them instead of the vacuum line.

ChibiBlackSheep 06-15-2016 09:39 AM

:welcome: to the forum!

Captn_Cook 06-19-2016 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 691332)
:welcome: to the forum!

Thank you:Head Banger: