Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

6th gen monte vs 4th gen mustang

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2021, 12:08 AM
Default 6th gen monte vs 4th gen mustang

i have a 6th gen monte and my buddy has this 4th gen mustang (his mustang only has 190HP stock my monte has 200HP stock i also have a few modifications on mine not enough to make a great big difference in HP and performance but you can tell its there), he's been claiming that he could beat me in a race since i got my monte. finally i agreed to race him down some curve back roads around where we live which i know we both know the road because we've driven down it a lot, there's a couple dirt roads we all would go hang out on anyways the only reason i'm adding all that is to make the point that we are both well acquainted with the road i wanna race on. so now to race day, i'm all set and ready to go and he calls me saying he's bout five minutes out and that he's nervous so i'm like thats cool whatever we'll talk when ya here, he gets here and we start talking he says he ain't sure if he wants to race, saying he's scared we'll get caught or somethings gonna happen, i keep telling him nah we good lets just go. finally i convince him to just race me and that if he can't handle it once we start to just call me n we'll stop the race, we start and i smoke him off gate i hit 80 in no time and i hold it out at 80 so he can catch up, he finally starts to catch up i call him and am like you good? you still racing? he's like yeah lets go so i stomp it hit about 115-120 or so and i can't see him no where finally he calls me and is like alright you won. theres a video of it on my youtube page "monte carlo" is the name of the YT page if you want to check it out.

Old 03-10-2021, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by reaperwashere
we start and i smoke him off gate i hit 80 in no time and i hold it out at 80 so he can catch up, he finally starts to catch up i call him and am like you good? you still racing? he's like yeah lets go so i stomp it hit about 115-120 or so and i can't see him no where finally he calls me and is like alright you won.
What kind of racing are you doing that youve got the time to have 2 phone calls before it ends? Sounds like something straight out of Fast and the Furious

His car must be a real dog if from an 80 roll you put so many bus lengths on him by 120 that you couldn't even see him anymore.

Old 03-10-2021, 05:56 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Reminds me of something I was involved in about 2010 I am thinking I get a call from my son and he has 2 friends in his College they are Twins and money is not object. Both have the new Camaro's.
The hi-performance versions with the Lingenfelter options I am thinking. One is a manual and the other is an Automatic.
The twin with the automatic beasts his brother all the time everyone says no one can beat the automatic.
So my son says if anyone can do it my Dad can.
I get a call come out to the College and do this. ha.
I have never driven a new manual in a Camaro 6 speed. So I make the trip.
I told the kid I would give it a try but needed a little learning time on the car.
I was clear with him that if I broke it, it was still his car, I am not responsible.
So after an hour or so i was ready. I didn't want to use a tree so put a flag-er out there. I got him by a half a car first time out.
The brother was out jumping around, I could see in the rear view mirror. Everyone said it sounded like an automatic that I was driving.
One kid said it was like Gone in 60 seconds towards the end of the movie.
I was able to beat him like 3 times and finally I let the one get in with me to see how it was done, I still got him again but not by much more than a half a fender this time.
Fun times for an old guy!!