Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

A word of warning about street racing...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 06:18 PM
Default A word of warning about street racing...

A guy in our local car club was involved in a roll over accident on Friday night. He raced his W-body Impala against a Camaro on a road he didn't know and ended up coming up to a curve real fast. He ended up rolling once and then hitting a telephone poll. Luckily for him he escaped with only some scrapes and bruises but it could have been worse... a lot worse. Be careful out there and keep it on the strip. I'm guilty of street racing from time to time in the past, but no longer. I keep it on the track just as everybody should.

Attached Thumbnails A word of warning about street racing...-pic1.jpg   A word of warning about street racing...-pic2.jpg  
Old 01-05-2009, 06:52 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009
Default RE: A word of warning about street racing...

Definatly a Good Reminder

I keep it at Firebird Raceway

Friday night drags race what you got for twenty bucks, definatly safer and more fun. Its great to meet your competition and see what each has done to their cars as far as mods, plus time sheets.

BE SAFE ALL IN 2009

Old 01-05-2009, 08:29 PM

thats great that hes ok. thats to bad for his car. looks like it was real nice.
i do agree with keeping it on the strip. i have see many accidents by my school from stuff like this, only not as bad.

Old 01-05-2009, 08:36 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Great reminder...

A good friend of mine from high school whom I went offroading with frequently was ina horrible accident on a curvy road just a few miles north of my house the week before Thanksgiving. His friend in the car died in the crash, and my friend was in the hospital unconscience for about 2-3 weeks. He is still there getting surgeries for broken bones, and his best case scenario is 3 months in the hospitol and then 1 year before being able to fully take care of himself again. Plus, we don't know how much his brain will heal and how well he will be able to move again.

The difference in those crashes though is that when hsi car began it's first roll, it went roof first into th woods and was stopped VERY fast... from an excessive speed that the police never released (to me anyway) to nothing in a very short period of time....

Old 04-26-2009, 02:28 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009

GOOD REMINDER!

I keep it on the strip

a friend of our car club president was in a head on collision and died on impact he was our car clubs presidents best friend.

we did a benefit car wash on saturday morning and afternoon to help

it wasn't due to racing he was just driving home at night

Be careful all on the roads and Don't take life for granted enjoy life to the fullest

May The lord keep us all safe out there, amen

Old 04-26-2009, 02:38 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

ditto on that, one of my best friends died street racing a few years ago. not that i've never done it, but i know i shouldn't. we all take so much pride in ourselves and in our cars, but it only takes one wrong move by us or someone on the road with us for it to go from fun to devastation. keep it safe you guys - and girls!!

Old 04-26-2009, 06:49 PM

I'd be a hypocrite to say I never street raced but I ALWAYS knew what/where I was racing. At the very least I'd make one pass just to look for where cars might pop up, hills, potholes, anything that could be an "unsafe" condition... maybe I should say I minimized the risks as much as possible with a little preparation.

I'm glad he's ok, I just hope he learns to be safer in the future.

Old 04-26-2009, 07:34 PM

everyone has street raced at least once. its almost hard not to, but when your racing, you never really think about the bad stuff that can happen. hope your friend will get better and nothing serious to come!

Old 07-29-2009, 10:35 PM

I used to do it...a LOT. I was very fortunate, and am almost glad that I no longer have my LS1 TA due to the fact that I may have eventually done stupid in it, like getting myself or someone else killed or seriously hurt.

One close call I had was when I had lined up against a turbo Eclipse. At the time, I was on Nittos, Heads/Cam, weight reduction, N2O, 4000 stall. Needless to say, I didn't hook worth a damn, got sideways, and sprayed some dirt and gravel on a few spectators before I got it under control. I learned from that and only did roll races from that point on.

I finally got my racing under control when I jumped the gun a bit and raced a 2.2 KB '04 Cobra. A couple of SRT-4s were behind us to watch. I ran a true-dual exhaust setup with full dumps, so our cars together were stupidly loud. We had a few spirited runs from a 20 mph roll(I had a couple cars on him until we got into the higher speed shuttin' 'em down around 125 or so). When our little pack pulled into the gas station, about 6 police cars were right behind us. I thought for sure I was going to get arrested, or my car taken, or license revoked, and lose my job, or even a night in jail. They didn't stop me, but it sure as hell made me think.

A couple of weeks later, my TA was flooded out, and transmission ruined due to a very nasty storm in my area.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:48 PM

Damn Dustin, who was it that rolled their car? Did I meet him at the meet I attended?

Quick Reply: A word of warning about street racing...