Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Racing your Monte (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/racing-your-monte-26/)
-   -   Sprayed 3.8 Z34 vs. a couple cars (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/racing-your-monte-26/sprayed-3-8-z34-vs-couple-cars-23099/)

DarkSS 09-02-2010 03:31 PM

Sprayed 3.8 Z34 vs. a couple cars

*The following takes place on a deserted road in Mexico*
I was out in the Monte yesterday with a full bottle of juice and 85 jets. The car also has a CAI and JET chip. First kill was my buddies Hyundai Sante Fe. I know not much but he instsited he could beat me. On the way home I clipped a 1G GSX from a roll 3 times. Then we stopped by a local car hang out where I raced a intake/header eco-tec G6 and won $20 in gas, off spray.

Now the piece de resistance. Another buddy with a loud LT1 T/A wanted to run from a roll and I dusted him the first run then had him till about 100 on the 2nd. He was really pissed. I can't wait to get this thing to track pre and post top swap. Not bad for a $1000 winter car.

zipper 09-02-2010 05:16 PM

I didn't realize you were already spraying, that's pretty cool. Also, what is your "JET chip" and do you have a link or something for it? Usually those things are useless.

DarkSS 09-02-2010 11:36 PM

I honestly have no idea what it does or is. I bought the car off of my cousin and he had it on there. All I know is it's made by JET and plugged in to something under the dash. It will be pulled out when I do the swap to make way for an actual tune. I try to take a pic of it and post it. I'd like to get some info on it as well. The ZEX kit was on the car a few years ago when my cousin had it and I just recently got it from him and slapped it on. Makes the car pretty fun as it is but needs more power, lol.

03SS/00GSE/93LX 09-03-2010 07:04 AM

Be careful with that spray man! That JET chip probably bumps your timing up a few degrees- definitely NOT what you want when you're spraying nitrous. You want to retard timing ~1* for every 25 HP you spray. So, for a your 85 shot, you'd want to retard timing 2-3*- being that your chip probably bumps timing 2-3* you're probably detonating on the spray. This is a recipe for disaster. I'd stop spraying it until you buy a tuner or scan gauge that lets you retard timing.

DarkSS 09-03-2010 03:12 PM

I thought the same thing so I only spray with octane booster. Probably terrible for the cats but they're going anyways.

03SS/00GSE/93LX 09-03-2010 05:07 PM

What kind of octane booster? Anything with MMT is probably going to work well enough to bump up your octane enough to keep you from detonating (or, at least detonating too destructively). Anything without MMT probably isn't going to do much.

Common stuff with MMT: Lucas octane booster, Turbo 108, Torco Race Fuel Concentrate

I'd hate to hear that you were doing good and then switched brands (to a Xylene or Toulene based brand) and blew your engine up. :(

I think your solution is to buy HP Tuners...you can retard timing on your Monte with it AND mess with your Camaro with it. :D

DarkSS 09-03-2010 11:27 PM

I used the NOS brand from Advance. It has MMT in it. I will be doing a full tune on the car next week with the swap. This was just a little experiment to see what it could do. Thanks for the input.

03SS/00GSE/93LX 09-12-2010 11:06 AM

Cool... Have fun with it! Sounds like a nice sleeper.