Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Racing your Monte (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/racing-your-monte-26/)
-   -   Rookie season is over and did not finish dead last!!!! (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/racing-your-monte-26/rookie-season-over-did-not-finish-dead-last-50940/)

P343 11-03-2014 11:55 AM

Rookie season is over and did not finish dead last!!!!

Well, the 2014 racing season is over here in Indiana :( and I do have good news!! My goal for the year was not to finish dead last. There were eleven of us in the Sportsman class this year and I managed to finish tied for tenth!! :) Of course there were several "could've, would've, should've's" throughout the season, but THAT is racing.
I was OH SO CLOSE to breaking into the 14 second range but just did not get there. Best 1/4 mile ET was 15:040. Considering that I started the season out as a 16-17 second car, I am extremely happy with my progress!!
Now, I sit and ponder the improvements I would like to make to the car (other than to the driver)...LOL It's quite a list and I will probably be posting quite a few "How do you do this" posts...hahaha My kitchen table has car parts all over it that I have acquired during the season. Here are a few of the things I have on my "to-do" list:
-remove front/rear seats
-install racing seat (already have seat..using it as a playstation seat at the moment...LOL)
-install electric fan/toggle switch25amp(already have fan)
-remove existing fan
-exhaust glass packs (already have glass packs)
-replace wheel cylinders/brake shoes (already have parts)
-aluminum for firewall to close heater core hole
-change intake and thermostat(already have Edelbrock dual plane Performer aluminum intake)
-electric water pump drive (in wish list from Jegs)
-373 gears

STUMPMI 11-03-2014 12:20 PM

Barbara:
Congrats on your accomplishments this past season!:congrats:
It sure is nice to hear/have a women on the forum in the racing game!

Please keep us posted on your improvements and future accomplishments... Sounds like you have a plan in place and much work to do!

Congrats on your improved times as well as meeting your goal of not finishing last! :woohoo:
Thanks for the update as well as being a part of the MCF Family!:thumbsup:
Wishing you Continued success with racing your Monte Carlo!

P343 11-03-2014 12:44 PM

Thanks David! I had a blast this season and I am most definitely looking forward to next season. I was the only female racing in the sportsman class this year but hopefully we have more next year as I talked to a lot of women during the season who said they would love to try it. I hope me being out there gives them the motivation to at least try it.
Yes, I have ALOT of work to get done over the winter. And LOTS of learning as I go. My reading used to consist of Stephen King in my spare time...now it is Chilton's and Hayes...LOL And of course, the Monte Carlo Forum!!!