Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Racing your Monte (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/racing-your-monte-26/)
-   -   4th Gen ('81-'88): Needs some help estimating my time (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/racing-your-monte-26/needs-some-help-estimating-my-time-48248/)

jenningsm5.7 04-09-2014 01:35 PM

Needs some help estimating my time

Hey everyone,

So I needed some help with a situation I am worried about running into.

I have a 87 Monte Carlo that I plan on drag racing, and I am trying to figure out what I will be running this year. My track requires a roll bar at a 11.5 and I don't think I will be near that at all but according to those online calculators it says I will. I leave all the info on the engine specs, transmission specs and weight specs which I know and believe to be right (not 100% on the weight one if some one can chime in as well) if anyone can give me their opinion on what they think Ill be at that would be awesome. Thanks again !

Engine Specs
350 bored .40 aluminum piston heads
64cc dart 127121 aluminum heads
Comp Cams XE268h extreme energy hydraulic flat tappet cam kit
1.52 rockers
hydraulic lifters
edlebrock performer eps intake
Holley 650cfm carb
hooker 1 5/8inch long tube headers
Electronic Fuel Management upgrades
Upgraded electrical system (I cant remember exact specifics)
I was told with just my original 350 and the dished and the heads/gasket set up I was using i was gonna be at 9.4 so I dont know what it is now

Transmission
TH400
Winters Performance Trans Shift Kit and Shifter
2200 Stall Converter
Gears
1st- 2.48 2nd 1.48 3rd 1.0 (Assuming that their stock (and I found the stock gear ratios correctly haha)
rear 3.73 posi
9 inch nitto 555r drag radails

Weight I was told the base car was at 3200lbs which seemed light to me and I am 180.

Any info you can give or anything else needed let me know I might have forgot something.

Thanks again !

turbo monte 04-09-2014 01:52 PM

What kind of hp you looking to make? Any suspension work?

The nitto 555 are great tires I use them on the street but at the track they won't perform like a Hoosier or mickey will.

Last year I used a Hoosier radial at the track and this year I'm using a mickey wrinkle wall slick.

jenningsm5.7 04-09-2014 02:59 PM

I was told with a just a stock 350 I was gonna be a 9.4 compression, and was estimated @ 420 crank.

Zen 04-10-2014 09:00 PM

12.5ish give or take.The nitto's will do good depending on track prep.Mine hook hard but I have a lot more weight over them.

Enzo354 05-04-2014 07:09 PM

My set up is a stock
5.3 with headers and just an x pipe going out to the sides
th400
10 bolt with 3.73 gears
10.5 inch x 28 inch Nitto 555rs
4000 stall
Full adjustable upper and lower control arms
The front end on mine has been pretty much gutted to nothing, but still full interior and a fuel cell.
With the fuel cell half full, I'm right at 3200 lbs. So you should be right about 3300 with your weight set up.

I could see you cracking off a very low 12, high 11 as it sits. An actual HP rating to the wheels would be a big help, I have never gone off of what an engine builder says his engine will make to the crank haha.

I mean, worst case scenario, you get kicked out after your first pass, but it's hard to tell how good of a driver you are just by the specs of your car :D