Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Racing your Monte (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/racing-your-monte-26/)
-   -   MonteLSV6 vs GTP and then some... (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/racing-your-monte-26/montelsv6-vs-gtp-then-some-23106/)

MonteLSV6 09-02-2010 08:41 PM

MonteLSV6 vs GTP and then some...

Alright, so I look over to the car next to me and its a maroon GTP (base version looked like, must of had a 3800 NA in it, not sure) at night on my way to Autozone for a 3 to 3" coupler. We both stopped at the light before this overpass for a highway. On green she (ya thats right, she lol) floored and so did I. I think we both tied off but she got a little jump because I didnt think she'd go for it off the line then I immediately pulled away from her taking the lead within seconds. Didn't seem like she let off at all because she was hanging in there. After that we both came to another stop light on this hill. I decided to give it another go to let her know what she was up against. Coming down the hill little did I know there was a sneaky cop standing in the middle with a laser. When I came over the hill doing 63 I saw that damn light and Im like aahhh f***. Son of a bitch. So i see the cop waving to the car and I know he tagged me. So I pulled over around a corner, he put his spotlight on me, and there we went.

Needless to say, anyone know of any good radar/laser detectors? lol

I can't help but speed. Racing, speeding, going fast...is in my blood. The adrenaline rush you get when your going that speed and racing..is...incredible.

Being related to 2 Drag racers and a history of my moms brothers racing there rails doesnt help either lol

Oh, and that girl was around my age lol (im 20) probably 18-19 or so

mrl390 09-02-2010 08:53 PM

FWIW the GTP is the supercharged version of the grand prix. The GT is the 3800 and the base has the 3100 if its the 97-03 body style. You probably raced a 3100 because assuming you have the 3400, the 3800 would have walked you. The L67 would have just been an unfair race.

Sorry to hear you got pulled over. Did you get a ticket?

MonteLSV6 09-02-2010 09:01 PM

Oooh, then it was a grand prix haha. The newer ones. No, I'm pretty sure there was a 3800 in there (it was a girl driving it remember, she probably didnt go all the way). I didnt hear a whine so it wasnt the L67..besides it was the base model.

Anyways, ya I got a ticket. $75...luckily my last ticket cleared the 6-month boundry so its like that last one never happened.

mrl390 09-02-2010 09:48 PM

Yeah if it was the newer body style then I think the base engine is the 3800.

nemesis 09-02-2010 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by MonteLSV6 (Post 260306)
Oooh, then it was a grand prix haha. The newer ones. No, I'm pretty sure there was a 3800 in there (it was a girl driving it remember, she probably didnt go all the way). I didnt hear a whine so it wasnt the L67..besides it was the base model.

Anyways, ya I got a ticket. $75...luckily my last ticket cleared the 6-month boundry so its like that last one never happened.

it could be a guy with long hair lol. if i were you i would go to court and fight on the case. look at this way if the cop doesn't show up the case is dismiss. i finished my 4 hours driving school last weekend the instructor was telling us how to beat your case. when going in front of the judge ask the judge if the gun was calibrate accurate and when was the last time the gun was calibrate? the cop will have to answer the question and show prove that it was calibrate correctly. i think you have 50/50 chance if you go to court the worst can happen if you find guilty is a 4 hours traffic class. good luck!

red04montels 09-02-2010 11:15 PM

i disagree with the 3800 walking him. i beat stock montes and gps with the 3800, and i even beat my gf's 06 gp with the 3800 series III in it.

zipper 09-02-2010 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by trewyn15 (Post 260344)
i disagree with the 3800 walking him. i beat stock montes and gps with the 3800, and i even beat my gf's 06 gp with the 3800 series III in it.

You have a much more done to your 3400 then MonteLSV6 though. From what I recall he only has a FWI on his 3400, and with that he's not going to be able to beat a 3800 unless it's in an H-body or the driver doesn't know how to race. But that doesn't mean that sometimes it happens. I've lost to a bone stock F-150 before, lol.