Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Chevrolet SSR POS

Old 01-30-2018, 09:23 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Chevrolet SSR POS

Was driving my grandson 05 MC Tony Stewart( total stock) that i gave him for Graduation over to my buddys garage to get serviced a Guy in a SSR came up behind us and i thought he was going to ram us anyway we soon hit a fourlane and a stop light he pulls up beside and races his engine I thought why not so when light turned we took off at first i was thinking going to get it handed to me bad , after a few seconds i thought he was not trying so i slowed down and here he came so i punched it again and in a few seconds i was at his door
coming back to a two lane road so i let him go, i was wrong about those there nothing but a overpriced turtle,

Old 01-31-2018, 12:28 PM

Too heavy for the engine has been a well-known fact since the first reviews came in. He must have been used to racing Camrys....

Old 02-05-2018, 03:43 PM

Yeah, they are really dogs given how exotic / unusual they look. Even the mighty 6.0 versions are at best a low 14 quarter mile out here bone stock. The 5.3 models are supposedly much worse, I've heard mid to upper 15s, although I've never seen one at the track.

Would be kinda cool to make a 'sleeper' out of one. Everyone bags on them for being dogs, it would be neat to do some major weight reduction and a turbo setup.

Old 02-05-2018, 03:51 PM

ugliest car I ever did see next to a PT cruiser

Old 02-05-2018, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by sharpeezss
ugliest car I ever did see next to a PT cruiser
Clearly, you've managed to avoid the Nissan Juke. Congratulations.

Search this Thread