Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Racing your Monte (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/racing-your-monte-26/)
-   -   Hyundai Tuscani vs Z34 (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/racing-your-monte-26/hyundai-tuscani-vs-z34-14116/)

mrl390 06-07-2009 03:27 PM

Hyundai Tuscani vs Z34

Coming back from Walmart today and pulled up to the intersection leaving walmart behind what I thought was a Tiburon. I looked at the back and it had a big yellow and black T and said Tuscani on the back. He looked like he was getting impatient to go so I knew he would floor it after the light turned green. He didnt have his turn signal on so I thought he was going straight through the intersection. I was turning left. After the light turns green he actually gunned it and turned left. Well that made me happy so I stomped on it and turned left as well. Didnt get my downshift into 1st like I hoped so I had to go from the bottom of second but I ended up cruising past him anyway. After I hit about mid 3rd gear I rolled by him easily. He put up a good fight down low though. Well I did some research and I guess the Tuscani is the foreign version of the Tiburon and comes with the 2.7L V6. Not sure if it was a manual or auto but the only ones Ive seen on the internet were autos. It was a neat little car but its still a Tiburon.

Cully77 06-07-2009 08:58 PM

That's really weird, I had never heard of that before, and then I saw one just now when I went out to dinner. Orange with black in the middle of the hood and trunk. No Hyundai badges at all, just a big "T"

I need to look this up now.

sprfrk2005 06-07-2009 09:01 PM

yeah i have seen a couple of those around here in south texas but not one has take the bait and raced me :-(

MAMONTE 06-07-2009 10:26 PM

Don't you hate it when your going just barley fast enough that it won't grab 1st gear, and it grabs second! Errrrr I hate that when I really needed the power of 1st! haha

mrl390 06-07-2009 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by MAMONTE (Post 136095)
Don't you hate it when your going just barley fast enough that it won't grab 1st gear, and it grabs second! Errrrr I hate that when I really needed the power of 1st! haha

YES I HATE THAT! Especially since it takes so long to get through the bottom of 2nd gear.

I did some more research on these cars. The one I raced has this badge on it that said 2.7 something but I couldnt read the whole thing. I looked it up and it says 2.7 Elisa. Not sure what the Elisa means but the car itself is pretty much the exact same thing as a Tiburon GT but with different badges.

MAMONTE 06-07-2009 11:02 PM

I know...Second gear for me get me to 100 MPH...

My car will grab 1st if you nail it at 35 MPH or lower...37ish, 40 for sure, it grabs second, which only gets you to about 3,000 RPMs when your going 40 and floor it...it takes till about 55-60 before 2nd gear starts to wake up!

But if you manage to get first till it shifts in to second, its perfect, 1st takes me to about 60 MPH, and then second goes from there to 100..........its much better this way! :D

mrl390 06-08-2009 07:38 PM

My second gear only takes me to 60. It will only downshift into first from under 35 like yours.

Enzo354 06-10-2009 10:09 PM

I think my fist is till 43 then 2nd is till 89. I think gears are slowely getting longer haha.