Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Racing your Monte (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/racing-your-monte-26/)
-   -   3 Monte's showdown lol (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/racing-your-monte-26/3-montes-showdown-lol-39908/)

Habbibie 11-11-2012 07:39 PM

3 Monte's showdown lol

It wasn't necessarily a fair race but i took the lead most of the time, i was on a 3 lane residential road stopped on a red light and oddly enough an 04ish intimidator stops beside me on one side and maybe 3 seconds later a dale Earnhardt jr. Pulls aside me on the other lane. For the hell off it i wanted to take off hard on green and apparently they did too, soon as it turned green i stomped on the gas and i hooked immediately they kept spinning tires, thanks to Goodyear AQUATRED III BSW tires i have they got amazing traction on wet pavement since it was soaking wet at the time.

I kept in the lead till about 80mph when i let go, 2 seconds later they both fly by me maybe both doing a 100 a piece tied neck n' neck. Down the road on another light the driver of the intimdator asked if i was turbo'd lol i told him i got a stock 3400, he laughed so hard and rolled up his window???

So that was the first and prolly the last race ill ever condemn in my monte, i baby my car & i dont like to abuse it. Fun within a limit none the less

SSmeansSuperSexy 11-13-2012 11:08 AM

Man thats awesome. I wish I was there in the JG so we could have a 4 wide Nascar battle. I've never raced another Monte. I find the Monte owners around here just don't really care. Last summer one guy in a beautiful black 07 Monte was cruising down the freeway and i caught up to him at a red light and gave him a :thumbsup: and he did a slight nod but other then that no passion in his car. Im like wtf man? Ya know.

P.S It's all about the winter Nordic tires where I live at this time of year.

DeanMachine 11-13-2012 11:13 AM

I've never raced another Monte (or anyone for that matter), but I did get a beep and a thumbs up from another 6th gen I passed in the city, as well as a 4th gen that I saw back near home.

zjerry 11-13-2012 07:01 PM

Every now & then a 03 Jeff Gordon & 04 Intimidator run down the Highway with my 05 Monte SS ...They say my front tires are always smoking ..:rotfl:

lougreen03 11-13-2012 07:05 PM

I love it when I'm at a light with other montes but i never seem to find on that wants to race tho.

Zen 11-14-2012 07:30 AM

I dont think i've ever raced another monte.Then again mine kinda sounds really intimidating.:rotfl:

Red Nightmare 11-14-2012 06:07 PM

haa! sounds awesome :)
I've never raced another monte, but I did do a little burnout show-off with a kid I know with a beautiful yellow 04 ss supercharged. He got his tuned, downsized pulley & intake.
Had a couple of pulls together but that was it...too many cars :P

werewolf-odst 11-15-2012 03:34 PM

ha ha ha, that sounds awesome, i only know of a few people down here who appreciate the cars we have. i have not babied mine, i destroyed it, but it held tough. i have had to learn a bit. but i raced a couple of diffrent cars, never a Monte. Older folks seem to be the only ones who have them over here. but to have the guy laugh, that was funny. good pull!

S.O.G. 01-30-2013 08:42 PM

makes me wanna race a monte! Haha over here when we street race there's 2 other ones that show up. an 07 and an 01. neither wanna race me tho :( lol