Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Racing your Monte (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/racing-your-monte-26/)
-   -   2003 SS vs Regal T-Type, Stealth R/T, and Bonneville SSEi (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/racing-your-monte-26/2003-ss-vs-regal-t-type-stealth-r-t-bonneville-ssei-21472/)

03SS/00GSE/93LX 06-19-2010 08:48 AM

2003 SS vs Regal T-Type, Stealth R/T, and Bonneville SSEi

Had a few great runs tonight. Went to a local car cruise (2000+ cars, one of the largest in the US- 10 minutes from my house) with a bunch of local Wbody/3800 dudes. Took the Monte. Installed my nitrous on it last weekend. I'm still on the tiniest jet the kit comes with at this point. Of the group I went with, I was one of the three faster cars, along with the Bonneville I've posted about before (Gen V M90, big phenolic intercooler, little pulley, full bolt-ons, etc) and a T62 turbo'd Grand Prix (440 WHP or something like that).

On the way, I raced the Bonneville from a dig. He holeshotted me and got half a car on me right away. I rolled into it, hooked up, and hit the spray. I pulled even with him by the top of first. At my shift, he got his half car lead back. I started spraying again after the shift and began pulling back. We were dead even at 80 MPH when I let off due to traffic in front of us.

On the way home, we had a big group of cars leaving and a **** ton of races.

My first run on the way home was against a red Stealth R/T with a loud blow off valve. We lined up at 35, honked it off and went. I walked him BAD! Got my 3-1 kickdown and sprayed and just blew his doors off. We went again from a 60 roll and I walked him hard again. I'm talking 3-4 car lenghtes in just a few seconds- it was brutal.

The the Bonneville raced the Stealth and walked him hard too. We caught a light and dude was literally gushing about our cars..."What the F are those things?? Holy crap their fast! Wow!". I guess he never expected it. :)

Next was a mid-80s Buick T-Type (turbo Regal- pretty much a Grand National, I think minus the IC?) with another loud ass blow off valve. It had some fat meats on the back. We went from a 35 roll just like with the Stealth. He honked it off and got the hit and pulled a little in front. I slammed it and got my 3-1 downshift again and started pulling right away. I hit my spray and walked him pretty good- solid 2+ car lenghts at least by the time I let off at ~90.

I fully expected the T-Type to kill me as I know their potential. I expected the Stealth to be alot closer as I know their potential as well. These races were a ton of fun. The Monte is running strong right now.

Space 06-19-2010 09:19 AM

:rolleyes:
Sounds like a SuperSuper `Fun night 4-Sure.
Great to read that your Monte is running SuperStrong .
Next time, please have someone vid `it : )
Thanks for sharing! Keep us updated
on future runs/events.
BeSafe `out there :eek:
Good Luck
:)

thewhitestcarlouknow 06-19-2010 12:02 PM

nice. . are you still running the 4.0 pulley that comes with the SSM90 kit or have you dropped to a smaller pulley?

03SS/00GSE/93LX 06-19-2010 12:21 PM

Thanks guys! I'm on a 3.6 pulley now. Off nitrous I run 19* of wide open throttle timing, on the spray I run 14*.

nemesis 06-19-2010 10:51 PM

just curious how much you spraying?

Montelicious 06-20-2010 07:59 AM

Sounded like alot of fun!

Lisa

03SS/00GSE/93LX 06-21-2010 02:35 PM

just curious how much you spraying?
.39 nitrous jet in a Compucar dry kit.

Sounded like alot of fun!
It was!