Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Racing your Monte (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/racing-your-monte-26/)
-   -   1/2 Mile Racing AZ, Oct 8-9 (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/racing-your-monte-26/1-2-mile-racing-az-oct-8-9-a-57069/)

bumpin96monte 09-14-2016 12:59 PM

1/2 Mile Racing AZ, Oct 8-9

Just as a heads up for our southwest members. I know we had a few members come out to Race Wars last year at the same location. This event is called No Fly Zone and is held at Gila Bend airport in AZ.

Sounds like they'll allow dig or roll racing and will have a burnout area if you need to hear up your tires first.

Unfortunately my monte won't be back together in time as I've still got to fab up the new fuel pump mounts, but I will be out there Saturday in my Vortech supercharged Vette. Would be nice to see some fellow monte members out there so it isn't all RWD/AWD stuff!

drivernumber3 09-16-2016 08:04 AM

Last year it was tweek and zippy02, that went down there. zippy drove from Utah and I believe tweek is an AZ resident.
But tweek sold his Monte intimidator and zippy has been off the grid since March or April. Anyway I hope they are doing ok.
Sounds like you have an interesting weekend maybe you will have some photo's to share.
Up hear in NE they have a show that is called the Last Fling til Spring in Westpoint, Nebraska. I am going to try and go to that as an observer.
The girl from all girls garage Jessie Combs is supposed to be there? I will get some photo's for sure. :thumbsup:

bumpin96monte 09-17-2016 03:04 PM

That's too bad. Seems like the wbody scene is pretty light out here.

Oddly enough, there are 2 other white 5th gen monte LS's in our tiny subdivision. Of course, they're both just beaters, but still a funny coincidence!

drivernumber3 09-17-2016 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by bumpin96monte (Post 695428)
That's too bad. Seems like the wbody scene is pretty light out here.

Oddly enough, there are 2 other white 5th gen monte LS's in our tiny subdivision. Of course, they're both just beaters, but still a funny coincidence!

There used to be a Silver 5 Gen where I garage mine but they must have traded it in or got rid of it, that one had some serious rust issues by the rear quarter on both sides.
Then I have seen a white one with Razzi effects but it's loosing it's paint, and a Red one that some lady drives but it is really beat up.

turbo monte 09-18-2016 10:15 PM

I wish this was closer for me.

Side note I'm a little worried about Greg (zippy) I tried contacting him numerous times with no luck via email, phone, etc

drivernumber3 09-19-2016 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by turbo monte (Post 695464)
I wish this was closer for me.

Side note I'm a little worried about Greg (zippy) I tried contacting him numerous times with no luck via email, phone, etc

I know I have checked now and then online, I have found nothing in the Obits.

turbo monte 09-19-2016 05:13 PM

I have even tried reaching out to the shop that built zippy car and got no response. Hope he is doing alright

bumpin96monte 10-11-2016 07:57 PM

Ended up being a great time. Didn't see any w bodies out there though...

Ended up getting 162.3 mph in the vette. Power felt down a little due to the heat (max about 97F).

Put bus lengths on a bolt on c6 z06, and beat a heads/cam 590 whp c6 z06 by about 3 cars. Pretty happy with that....

steven-taylor 10-20-2018 02:55 PM

Disappointed! !!
It's a big bad experience with Monte racing then others brand. Though i deserve more before pursue bt didn't get similar feedback. Marketer should keep close concentration on it.

bumpin96monte 10-22-2018 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by steven-taylor (Post 714584)
Disappointed! !!
It's a big bad experience with Monte racing then others brand. Though i deserve more before pursue bt didn't get similar feedback. Marketer should keep close concentration on it.

What didn't you like about it? Are you referring to the original No Fly Zone date from the first post or the one they just had a couple weekends ago?

If you're talking about the one a couple weekends ago, I hope you didn't purchase a ticket ahead of time! I know they had a few slots to run in between the rain, but there was no way I was risking it on drag radials. It's too bad they can't set up a rain date for stuff like that, but at least we've got the event in December to fall back on!